• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Anyone need any auto electrical anything?

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
I am going to be ordering some stuff from here soon, and some of the items you have to buy a minimum to complete an order so if you see something you like, let me know. I will probably be ordering sometime next week or so.

I am getting a bunch of:
1. Contura Rocker Switches and panel mounts for them.
2. Weather pack connectors, these are water proof like the new OEM connectors.
3. Split loom
4. Connectors for relays and switches.

Let me know! :thumb:

Last edited:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
I took out my radio today and started to play with the possibilty of using that space to hold all the switches I am hoping to add. I think I can make 7 eventually fit in there. Isaac had a few of the panel peices laying around and I wanted to see how they fit up, obviously it will take a bit of work.. I hope to fill them with the following:

1 For rear backup lights on trailer.
1 for Hella 4000's
2 for Winch controls.
1 for Rock lights
1 for aux fuel tank switch.
1 for rear work lamp on tire carrier.

Just thought I would give some ideas! :D

Attachments

• DSC02785.JPG
    DSC02785.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 212

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Well, you know that I'm in.

Are you looking for a specific list now, or just commitment to the group buy?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Drew,

DEFINITELY interested in some parts :thumb:

I've been wanting to do a switch panel in the radio hole for a while now based on this writeup (pics below):

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/winchswitch.php

One of the things that kept me from doing this is the minimum order qtys from Waytek. I even thought about making some panels up (with the left over stuff from the min buy) and selling them. Let me know when you need to order by. I would be interested in the panels like shown in the url above plus maybe a couple switches and covers.

:cheers:

Attachments

• SwitchPanelCloseup.jpg
    SwitchPanelCloseup.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 194
  • SwitchPanelSafetySwitchOpen.jpg
    SwitchPanelSafetySwitchOpen.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 202

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Jeff that is exactly what I am going to create and that is the reason I thought I would post up a group by.

I am looking at the single light/on/off for all but the winch switch which I plan to use a momentary on/off/momentary on.

All the switches will be red lit hard cover (so I can add my own labels.) But I am open to whatever. I will check it out and get you a few part numbers. The panels and stuff we could definately go in on.

Isaac, just giving everyone else a chance to jump in.

Drew

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
:cool:

I've got 3 ARB switches and one more from Carling (mentioned in that link that they'll send you a free "sample"). So I think I just need a couple more switches to fill out the panel, a couple switch covers, and of course the panel pieces themselves. My switches are already in the radio spot, but it looks cheesy and not near as nice as the pics above (cheapy toggle switches).

I like the black covers so they'll all match but whatever ends up working out is good with me :thumb:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Jeff, you don't want covers that light up? Waytek makes you buy things in quantities of 5 bucks or more and the covers are around 75 cents each. The ARBs are illuminated and the ones I am looking at come both lit and unlit. I like the lit ones myself and was thinking the black cover with the red light (like the green one in the pic above).

They also make one that is less of a square for the illumination and more of a slit, I will see if I can find a pic.

Gotta be honest, I like lights! :hill:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Oh definitely, must have lights :D

Without lights I'll leave stuff on and run down the battery :eek:

I just meant I like the black covers with the lights as opposed to say the other color covers. As far as which color for the "lense", that I don't particulary care about so whatever color you prefer and need to order to get to the min qty is fine :thumb:

This is what I have today so the panel and switches will be a definite upgrade :)

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
That be another use of a belt driven compressor! ;)

I wish!

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is but can look if you would like. I think it is akin to an older Mojave heater but it probably came from BTB Products as the PPO seems to have REALLY liked them as there is a lot of stuff on my 40 from BTB...

It might be an older version of this --> http://store.btbprod.com/detail.aspx?ID=367

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
FWIW, you can get ARB look-alike switches at West Marine on County Line Road.

That would be the South Side of course.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
FWIW, you can get ARB look-alike switches at West Marine on County Line Road.

That would be the South Side of course.

That is cool, didn't know land locked Colorado had a boat store.

Drew

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I wish!

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is but can look if you would like. I think it is akin to an older Mojave heater but it probably came from BTB Products as the PPO seems to have REALLY liked them as there is a lot of stuff on my 40 from BTB...

It might be an older version of this --> http://store.btbprod.com/detail.aspx?ID=367

That's not A/C??? :confused:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
TTT

We are putting in an order next week. Let me know what you need. Part numbers and quanity. Remember you have to order at least 5 bucks worth of each thing. I will post up my order this week if you want to jump in.

Drew

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Drew,

Here is my list of what I think I need...Hopefully between what you are ordering and what I need we hit the magic $5 min?

2 - 44387 Mounting panel end pcs
4 - 44388 Mounting panel middle pcs
6 - 44380 Panel gaskets (guess I need these)
4 - Contura switch bodies (Contura IIs I think?) Not sure whether I need the SPST or SPTT or SPDT or DPST or :confused: - just want them like the ARB switches when you push the switch the light comes on :hill:
4 - 44354 Contura II Actuator Soft, Black w/ Green Lens

I'll wait to see what else you are ordering on your list above (items 2-4) - there is a LOT of stuff available on that site :eek: - Seems like you've got it figured out though :thumb:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Jeff-

If you are building the panels with the lock togther peices, then you don't need/can't use the gaskets, they are for the single switch panels, however, I am buying a few for the trailer.

I'll let you know. :thumb: