Alternate routes to Moab?

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I go the 170- 191. 3.5 hours at night. 170, 2nd Cicso 128 during the day. 3.75 hours. Last year on the home we took another 2 weeks of work and went I-70 west to hwy 24 S to Hanksville, through Capitol Reef. HWY 12 to Bryce. Cedar city I-15 to Zion. Then hwy 89 to S rim of Grand canyon. E up hwy 160. N on 163 through Monument Valley to Mexican Hat. S hwy191 to 4 corners. To Cortez, E hwy 160 to Pagosa Springs for a little soak in the tubs. Over wolf creek pass up hwy 24 Leadville, Redcliff, Minturn, Home.....

At Halloween 2006 We did the White Rim trail Canyon lands. Took S 191, E 46, becomes 90 to Bedrock, Naturita, Ridgeway, Ouray. S 550 to Druango, Pagosa Springs(again). A little skiing at Wolf Creek, Back to the house.

I like to drive.....a lot. Maybe thats why I like ifs and a sun roof.

My buddy does the Gateway thing on the way home in stock ford ranger. EZ, except for when wet.

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
Triangle road

Sounds like the Kokopelli Trail. Some of it is singletrack. SOME of it is closed to motor vehicles, but there are bypasses that are not.
:

Bill, It's not Kokopelli. I have done parts of that in the past. The trail i am referring to i believe is called "Triangle road" and crosses the dolores river just up from the Dewey state bridge (along the Dolores river, not the Colorado).

It looks like it runs into a honycomb of jeep trails just south of the Colorado national monument, and one route goes right to the monument itself.....

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
That sounds fun...