• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Action Needed!! Emery County Bill

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
some of us have been doing that for years. this is a big part of why we need more ohv'ers involved in clubs and reading the land use sections and responding.

And paying dues to umbrella organizations like the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs and Blue Ribbon!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
And paying dues to umbrella organizations like the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs and Blue Ribbon!
The Blue Ribbon sold out the Sage Riders by claiming the Emery County bill was "well vetted" and didn't support them. So I don't hold BRC (and similarly the International Mountain Bike Association, IMBA) in high regard. They either were (1) knowingly taking it in the short by SUWA or (b) not informed. Since there's I believe at least 3 Sierra Club members on the IMBA steering committee I have a feeling we're being hoodwinked by controlled opposition.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
yes, brc is being questioned by the state association right now for some of their actions not just with the emery county thing but a couple others as well. supporting the organizations is great, but knowing what they are doing is another story. united is starting to make a come back after falling down, hopefully they can step up the game.

we also have our own lobbyist through cohvco (colorado off highway vehicle coalition). they are fighting local fights. btw, they were founded by coa4wdci along with the rampart range riders and the snowmobile association.