• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

84 FJ60 new heart

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
"even with the 35's and stock gearing" :)

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
I hit 300 miles on the new engine yesterday so time to dump the break in oil and get some new oil in there. I plan to cut open the oil filter and fingers crossed I find nothing of concern. The truck has been running nice and smooth since the rebuild so it should be ready for CM in Mid-April.

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
Filter looked great so no concerns on the rebuild at this time. While I had it in the shop I decided to go back to my 33's just something about steelies with 40 series hubcaps that I love on a 60.

Attachments

• steelies.jpg
    steelies.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 23

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Those wheels look really good. Love your 60. I need to figure out what I am going to do with mine. Not a fan of the faux beadlock look. Are those 15s?

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
They are 16" that I purchased off of ebay 5-6 years ago. I also bought a set of clips and attached them to the wheels to hold on the stock 40 series hub caps.

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
you will not be disappointed by how good a freshly built engine runs.

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
rolled over 1500 miles at Cruise Moab this past week. Had some carb tuning issues on the steep descents that I need to work through. Also with the new found HP and torque I sheared the new drivers side motor mount on Kenney's climb, as you all know that slick rock is mighty grippy.