wesintl

RS Moderator
Jeff,
I revieved a mail to the webmaster from 11thcavdrt

my veh. is a 96 tacoma
extended cab, has 4" pro comp lift, 32 x 11.50 x15 pro comp mud terrain
tires, arb locker in the rear,rock sliders, skid plates on t/case,motor,and
fuel tank.

Hopefully he (or she) is still planning on attending.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
wesintl said:
Jeff,
I revieved a mail to the webmaster from 11thcavdrt

my veh. is a 96 tacoma
extended cab, has 4" pro comp lift, 32 x 11.50 x15 pro comp mud terrain
tires, arb locker in the rear,rock sliders, skid plates on t/case,motor,and
fuel tank.

Hopefully he (or she) is still planning on attending.
Thanks Wes! How about you? We could use a little diesel aroma! Heh...when I used to wheel my HZJ75, I always got stuck tail-gunning. Some folks just don't have the good sense to know that that fine smell is good for you!

So far,

Me
Bill Morgan
Matt Lewis
Matt Miller
11thcavdrt

5 rigs should make for a quick day ;-)

If history is a guide, about 2-4 times as many show up for this run as "raise their hands".

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'm a distant maybe. I built up some sliders with Jim the last few weeks just for spring creek. I didn't go last year for this very reason.

Anyway the inlaws are in town and I invited my father in law out for some wheelin. I guess he's not really into that sort of thing and I don't want a pregnant wife upset with me because I spent a family day doin my own thing.
We'll see but don't wait for me. I'll find my way if i'm late.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Farnham and family of 4 will be there in the 100. Brent is also driving down from Vail. We're Planning on meeting everyone in Downeyville. What time do you expect to be there?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
farnhamstj said:
Farnham and family of 4 will be there in the 100. Brent is also driving down from Vail. We're Planning on meeting everyone in Downeyville. What time do you expect to be there?
Should be between 9:00 and 9:30 if we leave El Rancho by 8:30. Monitor the CB, and remember that if there are a lot of other groups using channel 4 we will switch to channel 5. As you know, the first part of the trail is well within radio range of the highway. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Rzeppa said:
Should be between 9:00 and 9:30 if we leave El Rancho by 8:30. Monitor the CB, and remember that if there are a lot of other groups using channel 4 we will switch to channel 5. As you know, the first part of the trail is well within radio range of the highway. Looking forward to seeing you there!

So does this mean we could be at the BK in Downeywill as late as 9 or 9:30? Thats 20 miles form El Ranch. I could leave the house in the tech center at 8 and get to Downeyville in about an hour.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Romer said:
So does this mean we could be at the BK in Downeywill as late as 9 or 9:30? Thats 20 miles form El Ranch. I could leave the house in the tech center at 8 and get to Downeyville in about an hour.
The meeting spot is the McDonalds at El Rancho at 8:00 AM, depart at 8:30. We will drive through Downieville about a half hour after we leave El Rancho. Hopefully by 9:30 we will be aired down at the trailhead and having a driver's meeting.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Well, I guess I'll decide in the morning. The likely scenario is we would catch up with you if we go. I would not be meeting at El Rancho at 8 with two teenagers, at least my teenagers. They both said, if they had to leave the house before 8, forget it!

I have not been to this trail head, could you post direction to the trailhead.

Thanks Jeff, maybe Sarah and I'll be there and maybe even Rachels in her runner.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Is this it:

Access: Take I-70 west from Denver to Downieville which is 7 miles west of Idaho Springs, exit 234. Go west 1.1 miles on north access road (CR 308) which crosses under I-70. Turn left on Alvarado Rd, cross bridge, turn left immediately on trail up the hill.

map_springcreek2.jpg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Romer said:
They both said, if they had to leave the house before 8, forget it!
Frankly, I'm not to keen on such an early start either. We used to meet an hour later. In the last couple years, Scott Yoder convinced me that an earlier start works better due to trail traffic and then highway traffic on the way back. After doing both, I reluctantly have to agree with him.

So far it still looks like we may have a relatively small group. Some years, when we've had 15-20 rigs it takes a LONG time to run the trail, and we don't get home until early evening instead of late afternoon.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Ok, looks like we will be coming, but we won't be leaving the house til 8AM. So we will catch up to you. I think I can be around Downyville at 9AM. Could you please verify were the trailhead is in case I have to catch up with you there. I guess I will have to bring the Lexus to make sure I can catch up to you.

Rachel is bringing 2 or 3 friends, they will make sure she gets up on time.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Dont know if i'll be there or not... If anything, will meet you all at the top....... My friend Jason from work might go. Just put 35's on and wants to test them out...

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Romer said:
Could you please verify were the trailhead is in case I have to catch up with you there.
After you go through Downieville (an even smaller town than Kittredge) you parallel I-70 for a short distance, then plunge under it to the left (south), then go along for a short distance and go across the creek to the left and head up the hill eastward until the first switchback.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I was planning on going but...apparently my mom is moving this weekend, not next weekend.