• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

6th Gen 4Runner

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Toyota is teasing the next gen 4Runner today.

6th-gen.jpg

They posted one photo of the first 5 generations, then this one.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Well…I like how the hitch is tucked high into the bumper!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We heard you and we promise there's still a power rear window! The all-new 4Runner will be revealed April 9th.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I'm curious how this will affect the Land Cruiser 250 and GX550 sales. We went from having only dated Toyota/Lexus options to a new Sequoia, Tundra, Tacoma, Land Cruiser (multiple trims), 4runner, LX600, and GX550 in a short amount of time - incidentally largely sharing the same platform. There has to be some cannibalization of sales with so many new consumer options. I was really excited for the new GX and put a deposit down on one, then I put my name on the list for the Land Cruiser, and now after seeing all the options including the 4runner, I think I want to just keep my 200 🤣

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Assuming we see TRD Pro and TrailHunter trims in 4R there will have to be some overlap in price over 1958 Edition. Toyota should not care much over cannibailzation of loyal Toyota buyers, after all our money is our money regardless of what vehicle we buy. I'm sure they are looking to steal for other manufactures giving us more options.

krice118

Trail Ready
I'm curious how this will affect the Land Cruiser 250 and GX550 sales. We went from having only dated Toyota/Lexus options to a new Sequoia, Tundra, Tacoma, Land Cruiser (multiple trims), 4runner, LX600, and GX550 in a short amount of time - incidentally largely sharing the same platform. There has to be some cannibalization of sales with so many new consumer options. I was really excited for the new GX and put a deposit down on one, then I put my name on the list for the Land Cruiser, and now after seeing all the options including the 4runner, I think I want to just keep my 200 🤣
If you end up getting a GX can I be first in line for your 200? (I’m sure I’m not the first to ask :))

OilHammer

Hard Core 4+
Have you seen how many “911” versions there are? In 2023 there were three bodies and 26 versions! Porsche figured out to extract more than HP, they mastered wallet emptying.

krice118

Trail Ready
Have you seen how many “911” versions there are? In 2023 there were three bodies and 26 versions! Porsche figured out to extract more than HP, they mastered wallet emptying.
Didn’t think of it like that. Nice comparison

Pz10420

Trail Ready
Always wondered what the 2 little triangles represent on the tailgate of 4R's. Anyone know? Is it a nod the rear window up/down feature?

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
They are switches to roll the rear window up or down.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I only see two headrests, one left one right...

Although in one of the photos I thought I could see rear door windows, so I'm probably dreaming. Toyota put the rear seat down for the photos maybe. But what if.... ?

Pz10420

Trail Ready
They are switches to roll the rear window up or down.
For real? That's pretty neat. Do you have to have the key in the ignition or in your pocket or something?

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
For real? That's pretty neat. Do you have to have the key in the ignition or in your pocket or something?

I’m guessing it’s got a keyless fob that will work on proximity.

That’s how the fuel door works on our 23 crv.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Kind of where I was

I was going to go with the GX550 Overtrail, but after researching the capabilities etc, I decided to keep the 200 and augment with a Tacoma that comes with the majority of the newer technologies and capabilities. My 200 has 98K miles on it now, which is less miles on the 80 or 100 when I bought them. It is setup exactly how I want it. I am sure the GX would be nicer to have, but the research into details and capabilities showed me the 200 is a great vehicle for me

I read on the forums a lot of folks want to upgrade to replace the outdated multi-media system. I did that already on my 200 :)
20220116_104555.jpg

Looking forward to see what the new 4runner will have to offer. I think it is great that Toyota is putting newer upgraded versions of all these vehicles. I think it helps our Toyota Offroad community grow and stay relevant. A couple of years ago I didn't see any real path for future upgrades, now there are multiple ones