• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

6th Annual Spooky Night Run

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Oh my how the time flies.. but it's time again to dress up the truck, put another layer on the kids, and head out for the annual Spooky Night Run. This year we'll attempt to tackle Kingston Peak, and whatever amount of snow it has on it. At some point we'll park & do the official cook out, then it's back in trucks and head across the tundra then down towards Alice. We'll meet at 5:00, plan on being home around midnight. Spooky!!! :eek:

I've never run this trail so late in the year, so not too sure what to expect. If the snow gets too deep we can always turn around and head back the way we came.. should be a ton of fun in either case.

Meet in Rollinsville at 5:00 PM on Saturday evening, October 27.

Bring warm clothes, and something to contribute to the big cookout. My requests would include hot chocolate, chili, queso dip, coffee... but heck I like everything. Last year some folks brought sleds, which made for some great entertainment as well. also you can leave the beer at home... as this is a huge night for roadside checkpoints anyway.

Hope a bunch of you can make it out, should be a georgous night and a lot of fun.... who's coming? :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I wonder if I will have elk kabobs to thrown on the grill?
Aw, just realized I won't have the CWD testing back... hafta settle for turbogoat I guess. I *might* make it, all depending on when I get back from the elk hunt.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I think the spooksters from the Miller family will try and be there!

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
Next year maybe we can discuss doing this a weekend earlier or on a Friday? I'm always committed to a party on the Saturday before Halloween. I guess I could try to get them to move their party too. Anyone else have scheduling conflicts or am I the only one faced with this annual conundrum?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Next year maybe we can discuss doing this a weekend earlier or on a Friday? I'm always committed to a party on the Saturday before Halloween. I guess I could try to get them to move their party too. Anyone else have scheduling conflicts or am I the only one faced with this annual conundrum?

A weekend earlier isn't a bad suggestion, and yes I'm missing out on a party because I've signed up to lead this. Ok Kipper next year we'll do this on Saturday October 18th. To do Friday instead we'd have to push the meeting time out a couple hours, which is too late to be out, IMO..

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Yea, the Sat before Halloween is always a busy one. Veloswap is that afternoon. My local climbing gym puts on a great party/comp that I hate to miss. Descisions... descisions...

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Tim for posting this up. I will talk to wife and see if she wants to go. As far as I know we have no plans for this night yet. Later Robbie

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Damn, just yesterday we made a commitment with some old friends to get together that night.

I let Rachel and Sarah know. Maybe they will join you.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
sucks that i'm gonna miss it, but i'm rsvp'd to visit the toyota museum in cali.:(

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
We plan to attend - whether alone or with the family :thumb:

As for the weekend you run it...I guess you could change it to a week earlier or a week later and call it the "Not So Spooky Run" or the "Less Spooky Run" :hill:

ROD!

O i really wish i could go but i am working that night! sounds like fun though.....speaking of work, if by anychance anyone wants to do something else spooky for halloween and support a fellow wheeler you could always stop by 13th door and Slaughterhouse gultch. They are both haunted houses where i happen to work. Just advertising!

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
Ok Kipper next year we'll do this on Saturday October 18th. To do Friday instead we'd have to push the meeting time out a couple hours, which is too late to be out, IMO..

Sweeet! :thumb: I agree, friday isn't a great idea.

Boulder Cruiser

Trail Ready
Count me in, it'll be me,my sis, and my girlfriend. Maybe i missed it but where is the meeting place in Rollinsville? Ive never been up there.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Count me in, it'll be me,my sis, and my girlfriend. Maybe i missed it but where is the meeting place in Rollinsville? Ive never been up there.

Rollinsville is basically a place more than a city. A resteraunt, couple houses couple misc shops, few abandoned buildings, but most importantly the junction of Rollins Pass road and Highway 119 (Peak to Peak). Usually meet just after you turn onto Rollins Pass Road.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+

This is where we met for the 40's only run, worked well, lots of space:

179700521-L.jpg

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'll try to make it Tim! I got the chains in the back!

daughterofromer

Rising Sun Member
I'm coming too with my boyfriend Matt who I think a lot of you have met. Should we bring like a side dish thing to share with everyone or dinner? How many people (about) are going and what's the food situation?