• Sunday August 26

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Sometime later in September

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
easier runs...

Coney Flats wasn't too tough the last I went up there, and my buddy in his stock jeep laredo did fine. there's a little water crossing, and a mellow trail with a few verrry minor obstacles. IIRC no views like Kingston Peak, which IS nice.

Tim, Where was the spooky night run? that was a nice trail

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Martin, can you make it multiple choice?

Paparoot

Rising Sun Member
I am in if I get my engine together.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Martin, can you make it multiple choice?

Not sure how. You can just post your thoughts and dates as well and I'll be keeping tabs and try to work it out so that the greatest number are appeased. :D

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Impossible to find a date that works for everyone, and no reason we can't do this twice right? Cardinal the spooky night run last two years was on Jones Pass..

I am defiantly in. Late August or September would be best. What about Red Elephant Hill for a trail. I wouldn't trust a stock j**p on it but a stock 40 can do amazing things.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Impossible to find a date that works for everyone, and no reason we can't do this twice right? Cardinal the spooky night run last two years was on Jones Pass..

Nakman, right I'm thinking that we can do a pre-run earlier (Aug 4th?) and the "official" run later. Interested?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Nakman, right I'm thinking that we can do a pre-run earlier (Aug 4th?) and the "official" run later. Interested?

you bet!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I am defiantly in. Late August or September would be best. What about Red Elephant Hill for a trail. I wouldn't trust a stock j**p on it but a stock 40 can do amazing things.

I think it's a real cool idea to do a 40's run. Red Eleaphant Hill and the upper Empire loop would give you some fun challenge, I recommend it. I did it with Crase and Mike Brown a month ago and it was a fun moderate run with a few difficult spots in the first section. Any stock 40 could spank it with a good driver.

We ended up helping a new stock jeep through RE. He really wanted to follow us. Had a good attitude, and listened well, so Steve said "Come on Scott, how else is he going to learn". We did have to strap him once, he was quite scared tettering on the side of the shelf road. But Crases big 62 made quick work of it.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member

I think it's a real cool idea to do a 40's run. Red Elephant Hill and the upper Empire loop would give you some fun challenge, I recommend it. I did it with Crase and Mike Brown a month ago and it was a fun moderate run with a few difficult spots in the first section. Any stock 40 could spank it with a good driver.

We ended up helping a new stock jeep through RE. He really wanted to follow us. Had a good attitude, and listened well, so Steve said "Come on Scott, how else is he going to learn". We did have to strap him once, he was quite scared teetering on the side of the shelf road. But Crases big 62 made quick work of it.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I'm in! Summer works best for us, Linda is a teacher in Jeffco and has a couple weeks off coming up. We did Bill Moore last weekend and she loved it! She rode in her boss' TJ, Matt Lewis and I made a showing in our Toyotas. Mellow run with no scary/technical parts works for us.

BTW, I have no other vehicles but Land Cruiser 40 series: 1971 FJ40, 1976 FJ40, 1978 FJ45 :-0

She drives a 2001 beetle but we're gonna correct that soon. Anybody know a REALLY clean 60 series for sale locally?

Happy cruisin'!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Cool, this is going to be a kick! Jeff not sure if it's still available but it looks pretty clean, and it's just down the street from you http://denver.craigslist.org/car/367304658.html
Cool, thanks Tim! I just emailed him...

After having 3 Ford station wagons and always associating station wagons with old folks ("the family car") I once swore that I'd never own a wagon. OTOH, it's a Land Cruiser, and it'd be wifey's (she insists on A/C and power steering)

:)

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
The votes are pretty evenly spread out, but if I change mine to September, then we'll have a winner. Also, with big runs and events like the Triple Bypass, Ouray and the Rally all happening, middle of September looks like a better idea since nothing is planned around that time. It will also give some of those interested in attending time to get rigs in running order.

So how does this sound: Sunday, September 16. Kingston Peak. Going from Tolland/Rollinsville down towards Idaho Springs - and maybe something else in the vicinity depending on how leisurely we drive. Hopefully it will still be warm enough then for all of us in our open vehicles. :thumb:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Sounds like a great goal for me to get my engine in...that gives me 2 months to move the engine 6 feet from outside the garage to inside the 40. :)

The votes are pretty evenly spread out, but if I change mine to September, then we'll have a winner. Also, with big runs and events like the Triple Bypass, Ouray and the Rally all happening, middle of September looks like a better idea since nothing is planned around that time. It will also give some of those interested in attending time to get rigs in running order.

So how does this sound: Sunday, September 16. Kingston Peak. Going from Tolland/Rollinsville down towards Idaho Springs - and maybe something else in the vicinity depending on how leisurely we drive. Hopefully it will still be warm enough then for all of us in our open vehicles. :thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Yeah baby. I'm in.