• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2022 meeting location: Jan/Feb/March

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
For the first three RS club meetings in 2022, we're going back to the location at which we held the holiday party.

FEB. 2, 2022 MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO FEB. 9TH DUE TO SNOW.

Dates: Wed. Jan. 5, 2022 + Wed. Feb. 2, 2022 + Wed. Mar. 2, 2022
Time: 7:30 - 9:00 pm
Location: Golden Gate Canyon Grange, 25201 Golden Gate Canyon Rd, Golden, CO 80403. (About 4 miles up the canyon from Slee Off-Road).
Who: All are invited. You don't need to be a club member to come and join the fun.

Thanks again to @ChevyKeith for hooking us up with this location.

What to bring:
  • Drinks for yourself. Alcohol is allowed on the premises. No kegs.
  • Please bring a mask to wear inside.
  • Any RC rock crawling / Toyota vehicles you have!
What not to bring
  • Dogs (sorry, not allowed in the Grange meeting room)
  • Yourself, if you are sneezing or coughing. Don’t come if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
February Meeting
  • Rising Sun t-shirts will be available for pick up for all those who pre-ordered.
  • Rising Sun Trash-a-roos will be available for pick up for all those who pre-ordered.

January Meeting Agenda
  • We'll have a special guest who is an expert in RC rock crawlers. @DomOfTheDead can provide more details
  • This is postponed (not available in February)

Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We have as guest speaker, The Crawlspace hobby shop https://www.thecrawlspaceco.com/
for the January meeting. The owner has agreed to bring some trucks to show and say a few words. They are a local business that specializes in electric remote control crawlers and hosts a series of competition events. Very cool stuff that can be fun in the backyard, campsite and if you would like to work on a Toyota truck or rock buggy under 10lbs.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
We have as guest speaker, The Crawlspace hobby shop https://www.thecrawlspaceco.com/
for the January meeting. The owner has agreed to bring some trucks to show and say a few words. They are a local business that specializes in electric remote control crawlers and hosts a series of competition events. Very cool stuff that can be fun in the backyard, campsite and if you would like to work on a Toyota truck or rock buggy under 10lbs.
That is awesome! :beer:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Dived into the rabbit hole. This has been sitting in my closet the last 7 years or so and haven’t really messed w/ it in 9. Got my youngest an RC for Christmas so this thing came out of hiding. New axles, beadlocks, tires, links, and a fresh battery.
0381CDFB-F31D-442E-911C-E22D90EF6429.jpeg
C6E40948-09A0-4FF8-941A-680ECC7C016D.jpeg
61FBA748-ACC1-45D6-BBAA-27BFCA3453ED.jpeg

Last edited:

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
Oh blazers, I'll have fun at this one!
IMG_1098.jpeg
IMG_8791.jpeg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey if anyone coming out tonight has any cool RC obstacles feel free to toss that in. Things like Maxtrax, firewood, bricks, deck scraps... just needs to be clean enough to bring into to the house, nothing messy. We can put together a little skills course inside if it's too cold, dark, and windy outside.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
RS meeting is this week on Wednesday night. Bumping this thread.

February Meeting
  • Rising Sun t-shirts will be available for pick up for all those who pre-ordered.
  • Rising Sun Trash-a-roos will be available for pick up for all those who pre-ordered.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
RS meeting is this week on Wednesday night. Bumping this thread.

February Meeting
Not sure if you looked at the forecast, but the weather Wednesday is supposed to be worse than last month when it was moved to zoom. Wednesday night gets down to -2 in Centennial with 5 Inches of snow. 8-12 inches forecast for the foothills

I know I know we drive Land Cruisers

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Not sure if you looked at the forecast, but the weather Wednesday is supposed to be worse than last month when it was moved to zoom. Wednesday night gets down to -2 in Centennial with 5 Inches of snow. 8-12 inches forecast for the foothills

I know I know we drive Land Cruisers
Yeah, weather doesn’t look great and it appears today the low front is moving into place.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Can we move it to the following week?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I am checking on it.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
We would never make it to the meeting on time. Think of all the people we would have to pull out of ditches on our ride there and then back home. It would be a non stop ditch recovery fest

Forecasting 10" for Golden so you know the roads up there will be full of people needing help

Ya know we drive Land Cruisers :) , but most people don't

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
To avoid this turning into a tug-fest, watch the forum for updates.

If the forecast hasn't drastically changed by mid day today then we will postpone to 2/9.

As we have the T-shirts and Trasharoos in I'd really like to have an in person meeting.
I also don't want to change course as late as I did last month to save Chris or anyone else showing up at a closed deal.

Thanks all!

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee