• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

2020 Cruise Moab Pre-Run

Yeti

Rising Sun Member
I plan on coming to this pre-run. Will probably arrive late Thursday evening and need to head back to Denver Saturday evening. I hope to pre-run wipe out Hill that I just signed up to lead.

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for setting this up. I still plan to attend. I do not know the address of where you all are staying/meeting. I should be there first thing Friday morning.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
If you are camping at my house, the address is 4230 Beeman Rd. About 7 miles south of town. Past the arena.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Thanks see you then
I think steel bender is always fun and its pretty close to his house.
We'll choose trails when out there based on what people want to prerun, first priority is for what they will lead.

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
Is there a timeline to confirm that this pre-run is happening. I may leave Monday the 16th to head down to Moab.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Is there a timeline to confirm that this pre-run is happening. I may leave Monday the 16th to head down to Moab.
Its happening, I suppose unless no one is going. Would everyone coming please confirm and I'll keep track.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I am still planning to make this. As others have said, this would be contingent on feeling well so I don't put others at risk. Feeling 100% right now though.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
Still plan on heading over. Can I ride with someone while on the trails? I won't have my cruiser since I have to go to a work project out that way starting Sunday evening.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Still planning on it, watching weather for me attending.

Yeti

Rising Sun Member
Confirmed, I'll be there.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
What trails do we want to run while breathing socially-distanced Moab air?

I am open to any trails, and perhaps we can do some winching and/or recovery scenario practice while there.

I will be leaving Saturday, not sure what time, perhaps early Sunday because I have to drive to a business event.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
I would like to see the mashed potatoes section after the pickle. I've run the pickle plenty of times, but never continued up Hidden Canyon onto 3D or mashed potatoes