2019 40's Only Run

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
We need a leader and a date for this. We would love a volunteer to take the lead. :cool:

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Wish I knew the trails up in your area a bit better! I've only done a couple up your way (most of the ones I have done are down here south where I live). Depending on dates, I would like to travel up there a day early to near the trailhead and camp a couple nights since it takes me 3-4 hours to get up your way via back roads. As for dates...how does Sept 27-29 sound? I'm actually off that weekend!

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Was looking at trails this morning...has anybody done Santa Fe Peak? Doesn't look overly difficult...might be a good one to check out...

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
@PWCO70cruiser the 27-29th is currently clear on the Rising Sun Calendar. Pick a trail and a date and go to it! thanks for stepping up.

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Ok...so here is what I'm proposing...Santa Fe Peak Trail and possibly Saint John Trail. The run date is Saturday September 28th.
I plan on heading up on Friday afternoon and camping through Sunday the 29th. Dispersed camping is available on Peru Creek and Saint John Creek. For those who want to join me to camp, I'll be in my green FJ40 and we can pick out a dispersed area on either creek trail. I'd like to have it determined in the next couple of days. Lets plan on meeting in Montezuma at say 9:30 and a role off by 10 am? How does that sound? If anybody has any familiarization with these trails and wants to lead, feel free too! I have never done either of these trails. I'd also like to get this posted on the CLC forum as well and possibly the other clubs in the state!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
sounds like a good plan! I think I've been up there before like 10-12 years ago, we did a ghost town run that included going up above Montezuma. Quite a bit to explore and good 40 territory! there was also some dispersed camping between Keystone and A-Basin along Loveland Pass road which got the job done... presume that is still open, anyone know?

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
I was looking at trailsoffroad.com today and Santa Fe Peak looks good, but there is also a loop, Deer Creek south of Montezuma, which connects with Saints John and returns to Montezuma. Not sure if we can run 3 trails in one day or not. For those on Saturday, maybe we can run the loop, and for those still camping into Sunday, we can try Santa Fe Peak. I messaged one of our members about camping near Montezuma, Peru or Saints John. Should be some great camping up there. What do you guys think of this plan?

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I’m in. May I suggest starting a new thread when you have the details all figured out? Thanks!
...or edit post #1 with all the pertinent information. This event is not on the RS calendar (thanks @DaughterofMendo ).

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
@PWCO70cruiser it should be under your signature, there should be 3 link tabs to:
Report, Edit, Delete

Herring

Rising Sun Member
Ok...so here is what I'm proposing...Santa Fe Peak Trail and possibly Saint John Trail. The run date is Saturday September 28th.
I plan on heading up on Friday afternoon and camping through Sunday the 29th. Dispersed camping is available on Peru Creek and Saint John Creek. For those who want to join me to camp, I'll be in my green FJ40 and we can pick out a dispersed area on either creek trail. I'd like to have it determined in the next couple of days. Lets plan on meeting in Montezuma at say 9:30 and a role off by 10 am? How does that sound? If anybody has any familiarization with these trails and wants to lead, feel free too! I have never done either of these trails. I'd also like to get this posted on the CLC forum as well and possibly the other clubs in the state!

Thank you for getting this started. I plan to join if you are counting and will be coming over from Alma to the meeting point. Thanks, Chris Herring

Metalfree

Brand New
I will be going on this trip. I plan on leaving the Springs sometime after 2pm on Friday Sept 27th and will be camping with Kyle and anybody else. I will be leaving on Sunday. Text me if anyone wants to meet up maybe in Woodland Park for the drive up.
303-995-6491 or PM on Facebook. (Chad Johnston)