• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

2019 40's Only Run

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
So I know its early, but CO Landcruisers will be doing our trail planning soon and want to get a few things on our calendar. I'm thinking the 40's only run around Sept 14-16. I have to put in for time off pretty early in the year. And our schedule won't change this year (hopefully). I'm also thinking Sept 5-9 for the CLC San Juan trip this year. Let me know what you think.

Kyle
CO Landcruisers...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I was thinking of leading this run, but earlier in the year, like July/August some time. Barbour Fork was my thinking...
Ooo.. I like it!

We can always run something else with them southern boys in September... :)

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Can we try and firm up some dates? That way I can put my leave request in for the summer!
It'll be on a Sunday in July or August, but this far in advance that's about as firm as is practical. It'll kind of depend on when we do the BOWAGW run, which is usually late June or early July. It would likely be 3-6 weeks after that. I can see the utility of having dates WAY in advance for overnight runs and for big events like Cruise Moab or the Rally, but one day runs are normally set within a few weeks, maybe a month or so prior to the run. An exception might be the annual Father's Day run, for obvious reasons ;)

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Just curious...I plan on camping that weekend since a few of us will likely be coming up from the south and it takes us a bit longer to get up there!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
This is not normally an overnight run or associated with camping. For that, I'd suggest the Jenny Creek clean up run, Triple bypass, Cruise Moab, Outlaws run, or annual Telluride/Ouray run. Not that there isn't camping nearby, there is. Just not part of the 40s run. Who knows? Maybe we could start a new tradition?

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
I know the past couple years we've done some camping the night before. (not sure about last year since my schedule got changed and had to work last minute). I do know its easier for us to travel up the day before (slow speeds, back roads, etc), especially coming up from Pueblo and Springs.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Last year, there was camping open to the whole club after, as the Rally was the next day...Tim made an event of it. Pretty cool idea even though I didn't stay for camping...

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
It'll be on a Sunday in July or August, but this far in advance that's about as firm as is practical. It'll kind of depend on when we do the BOWAGW run, which is usually late June or early July. It would likely be 3-6 weeks after that. I can see the utility of having dates WAY in advance for overnight runs and for big events like Cruise Moab or the Rally, but one day runs are normally set within a few weeks, maybe a month or so prior to the run. An exception might be the annual Father's Day run, for obvious reasons ;)

It has been a camping run for 3 of the last 4 years I believe. It has also been a camping run in other years past. It’s an event that traditionally brings people from further away, in slower vecihicles. So including camping makes a lot of sense to me.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
there's plenty of spots to camp along Barbor Fork.. even more nearby if they're all full.

Jeff if you want to lead this I'd say put a date on the calendar now.. we're likely going to push hard this year to hit all of our adopt-a-trails at least once, add in the Rally, Father's day, few others... the summer is already booked. don't wait or it may be slim pickins.

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
We are having our trail planning meeting on Jan 5th, would like to have this on the CLC calendar. Any dates yet?? :D

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Bump. We need a leader and a date...:sneaky:

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is this 40’s in tire size? Lol... I’m just kidding.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Is this 40’s in tire size? Lol... I’m just kidding.
Thanks for the bump Phillip. we still need a leader and a date...

If you are new to leading, and have a 40, this may be the right opportunity to make your Trail Leader debut!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I just cancelled the TBP due to trail conditions so that opens that weekend up. If someone wants to lend me their 40, I'll lead it! :geek:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Still looking for a date the BOWAGW run so as not to step on it. This has been an unusual year as far as snowpack and recently, a buttload of rain. That said, I'll be more than happy to lead this run this summer. Heck I'll lead both runs :cool:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Most years the BOWAGWR is been and went by now, but I'll be happy to lead Slaughterhouse some time in the next couple weeks. Let me check with my better half and find out what works for her. Then work on a 40s run, maybe Barbour Fork. Today I did sign on to leading Bill Moore for one of the after-Rally runs.

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
I still plan on trying to make this event...just depends on date and what trail you guys are doing. I'll be down in the San Juans the first part of Sept. What dates are you guys thinking this year?

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I'd love to attend this run again but since I no longer have my 82 :cry: would someone mind if I rode along as co-pilot?