2018 Rally - Confirmed & still pending - hopefully some people can help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
JSYK, the date for many years was the weekend before Labor Day. When it was a date based on something like that, it was easy to get people who came in years past to know that's when to expect it. When you start moving dates around, now you're looking at a "get the message out" issue which just ratchets up the workload for those promoting the event. Most years it was a Saturday, and then we had wheeling the following Sunday, a couple years it was Sunday and we had wheeling the prior Saturday. In all cases, we has club guided wheeling adjacent to the day of the Rally. Typically 3 runs, an easy, a moderate and a hard core run.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll have a thread about the run I’ll have in a couple of days but I’m waiting to hear back from a couple of business to make sure I have a location locked down and what options we have. Please give me a couple of days as I’ve been working in the background on this. Thanks!

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
JSYK, the date for many years was the weekend before Labor Day. When it was a date based on something like that, it was easy to get people who came in years past to know that's when to expect it. When you start moving dates around, now you're looking at a "get the message out" issue which just ratchets up the workload for those promoting the event. Most years it was a Saturday, and then we had wheeling the following Sunday, a couple years it was Sunday and we had wheeling the prior Saturday. In all cases, we has club guided wheeling adjacent to the day of the Rally. Typically 3 runs, an easy, a moderate and a hard core run.

This is great to know as I’m a little new to the club. What do you think is the best way to organize these runs? Ask for volunteers for each run? If you can DM me your number, a phone conversation could go a long way with this. I myself cannot organize the runs themselves, but I feel like this can be promoted with the rally!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
My home and work numbers are in the roster, but feel free to call me during the day at (303) 674-4044 or in the evening at (303) 674-2386. Once again, I REALLY think this year's Rally should have its own thread instead of piggybacking on last year's. I organized the Rally for many years after Ige and Mike stepped aside.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I would like to volunteer to help out for the 2019 rally. Please let me know what i can do

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
That’s great... can you do the whole day?

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Yes. I can do all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.