• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2018 Rally - Confirmed & still pending - hopefully some people can help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Hey All,

So far the things I have confirmed:
Permit for the place
Insurance
Port-o-let
Trailer with stuff in it
A firm Maybe from the Stay The Trail team (they might be there, they might be at an event in Grand Junction, they can't commit yet).
Loaner Grill from Largeone - IF we can get it to the Rally. I"ll by a bunch of hot dogs & frozen burger patties for the grill that we can give out. But we need help getting it there, possibly help cooking too. If it is kosher, I'd like to put out a donation jar for people to donate to whatever causes we want (previously suggested the Set Them Free group, but any group could benefit if we like)

Things we still need:
*Volunteers - To Set up/Breakdown, collect money at the, "door" and sell stuff from the trailer.
*More work getting the word out - If you've posted somewhere, could you please bump that post to the top again & remind people that this is this Sunday?

*Most importantly, we need vendors. In my mind, I've just been thinking that they are all, "in the know" and would be there, but I'm realizing now that is a stupid assumption. If anyone here happens to be in tight with a vendor that might like to be there, would you be willing to reach out to them & tell them about it, apologize for the late notice & ask if they can attend? It would be much appreciated.

I'm sure I'm missing things, and will add them as I think of them, but this is a big start right now at any rate.

Thanks all!
Abe

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I will be there bright and early to set up and help with fee collection and merchandise sales, etc. Mike Koons told me he would pitch in, too. We could use another 5 plus people to make it less burdensome on the set up and running it. Oh yeah, and the tear down.

We don't usually solicit vendors per se, although they are certainly welcome. They do show up sometimes. The spirit of the thing is more swap meet and show & shine (although my truck is usually dirty). :)

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I'm available to help out. Just let me know what time I should be there.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I plan to be there right after the camp out the night before, I'm in to help out with set-up and what comes up. Thanks a lot Abe, it sounds like an RS Rally to me.
See you all there!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I plan to be there for opening but not going to stay all day. I am going to bring all the Cruise Moab stuff I have been storing at my business so that they can be be put back in the trailer. I plan to help out in whatever capacity is needed for the first hour or two.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I plan to be there for opening but not going to stay all day. I am going to bring all the Cruise Moab stuff I have been storing at my business so that they can be be put back in the trailer. I plan to help out in whatever capacity is needed for the first hour or two.

Would this be a good opportunity to hand off the quilt? I was thinking about it while I was at the museum. I cannot be at the rally but perhaps someone who is closer to me in central Denver can take it. Its a precious item so if its better that I come to the store sometime, I will. For sure I do not want to see it go in the trailer.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll be there about 8:15 or so. Happing to bring along my highlift and gear and do a quick demo or 2 on using it and maybe rope splicing......? If you’re looking for some kind of vendor interaction. I was going to bring a trailer of stuff from slee, but ran out of Time to load the trailer.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey Abe! Looks like I’ll be heading this up this year. Is it possible to chat on the phone for a half hour to get help my answer some questions from last year as I take it you are the one that organized the Rally? Thanks so much!

R,

Phillip Tilleman
303-520-1219

Hey All,

So far the things I have confirmed:
Permit for the place
Insurance
Port-o-let
Trailer with stuff in it
A firm Maybe from the Stay The Trail team (they might be there, they might be at an event in Grand Junction, they can't commit yet).
Loaner Grill from Largeone - IF we can get it to the Rally. I"ll by a bunch of hot dogs & frozen burger patties for the grill that we can give out. But we need help getting it there, possibly help cooking too. If it is kosher, I'd like to put out a donation jar for people to donate to whatever causes we want (previously suggested the Set Them Free group, but any group could benefit if we like)

Things we still need:
*Volunteers - To Set up/Breakdown, collect money at the, "door" and sell stuff from the trailer.
*More work getting the word out - If you've posted somewhere, could you please bump that post to the top again & remind people that this is this Sunday?

*Most importantly, we need vendors. In my mind, I've just been thinking that they are all, "in the know" and would be there, but I'm realizing now that is a stupid assumption. If anyone here happens to be in tight with a vendor that might like to be there, would you be willing to reach out to them & tell them about it, apologize for the late notice & ask if they can attend? It would be much appreciated.

I'm sure I'm missing things, and will add them as I think of them, but this is a big start right now at any rate.

Thanks all!
Abe

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Hi All,

As in years past, the rally takes some allocation of funds to get the lot secured & port-o-potty, etc.... As I didn't make the last meeting, I'd like to request an online vote to authorize again this year, like last year. I don't think I can officially do it, but please see the members area where I'm going to ask an officer to open up a vote for it, so that we don't have to wait until next month.
Thanks,
Abe

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I vote we move this from the rally sub-forum into the main event planning forum :D. It's too difficult to tell when there are new posts, and I think it's a big reason why the turnout isn't as great as one might expect. I check the forum almost every day and have a hard time telling when there's action in here.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I vote we move this from the rally sub-forum into the main event planning forum :D. It's too difficult to tell when there are new posts, and I think it's a big reason why the turnout isn't as great as one might expect. I check the forum almost every day and have a hard time telling when there's action in here.
We need to make a 2019 Rally planning post. Phillip is just looking for data.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
We need to make a 2019 Rally planning post. Phillip is just looking for data.

Yes I should have been more clear - when we're ready to announce the event, I think it should be in the main event planning area, maybe even the general forum area with a banner as well. I always hear from people "I would have gone if I knew about it". I went to a rally back in 2012 that was huge and awesome at Jeffco Stadium, but the last couple I've been to have been much smaller audiences. I just want it to be more conspicuous to people this year to get a good turnout.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Yeah this was just Phillip hitting me up & me trying to drive traffic to the members page for Voting. The actual 2019 thread could be anywhere you guys likw

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks guys. Since I've gotten some responses here, what would be the best way to come up with a date in September? Approach the board of directors, start a thread with two options, or just some up with one and go from there. I know this may not be the best forum for this. September 1st if it's open is a Sunday is what I would like to see if it's open. Let me know your thoughts.

Phillip

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Thanks guys. Since I've gotten some responses here, what would be the best way to come up with a date in September? Approach the board of directors, start a thread with two options, or just some up with one and go from there. I know this may not be the best forum for this. September 1st if it's open is a Sunday is what I would like to see if it's open. Let me know your thoughts.

Phillip
@3rdGen4R : How about September 15 or 22nd? The venue availability will probably drive the date options.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Ok. I’ll move on those dates.

Looks like a planned possible work day on the weekend of the 14th. You could try to plan a workday/camp out/rally that weekend, or the 22nd weekend is wide open , so you could do a Sat. Rally, leave from there for a campout & then trail ride on Sunday, or the opposite with a ride/campout on Sat. And then a Sunday rally. Either option gives more incentive for far away people to make the drive!

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Great idea! But I would need some one else to organize that side of the event. Would you be interested in doing that. I would probably do rally before campout to give people a opportunity to have clean trucks and such. If you want to plan that side of things or know someone who would let me know.

R,

Phillip

Looks like a planned possible work day on the weekend of the 14th. You could try to plan a workday/camp out/rally that weekend, or the 22nd weekend is wide open , so you could do a Sat. Rally, leave from there for a campout & then trail ride on Sunday, or the opposite with a ride/campout on Sat. And then a Sunday rally. Either option gives more incentive for far away people to make the drive!

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok, I’ll be off the board until Friday night/Saturday morning as we’ll be on the Rim Rocker Trail. Next week I plan to move and have way more information. I talked without Zane tonight and he had abundant information which was great! Thanks for everyone’s input

Status
Not open for further replies.