2017 Rally Details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Well it looks like the venerable Rising Sun Rally is off and running thanks in great appreciation of Adam Farmer. I am out of town for this great event. Sorry to miss it and all the rigs to be shined up and all the interesting conversation to be had. We have many issues on the table. Hope they get solved properly.

AdamKFarmer

Hard Core 4+
Okay, all vendors (on the vendor page) that aren't active members (Tim/Jeff/Corbet) I've contacted. Let me know if there is someone I missed!

ToyodaTocco

Hard Core 4+
Does anyone know the guys over at RSG offroad? I don't know them but if someone did maybe they would want to reach out to them and let them know.

Edit. I posted the flyer on their Facebook page, I'm guessing their admins have to approve it first

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Cool. We just got back and learned of this. ATC is planning on attending. If there is a raffle, LMK. Thanks!

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
What about a give away to people who "donate" for tickets? Also what department do you need the permit from at the County? I handle a lot of permitting for Summit and havent heard of requiring a permit for a raffle.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
As far as food goes did they say no food? What if I brought a grill and some hot dogs and just gave them out?

ToyodaTocco

Hard Core 4+
What about a silent auction with all proceeds going to Dan K's medical expenses? Is that considered a raffle...
EDIT: Found this..

Q5. Our organization wants to run a silent auction. What do we need to file with you?

A5. A live or silent auction to raise funds for charity is considered to be a solicitation for contributions. Under the Colorado Charitable Solicitations Act, the organization would need to register as a charity (unless it is specifically exempted by the statute). The organization does not need to apply for a Bingo-Raffle license.

https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/bingo_raffles/FAQs/licenses.html

Not sure if we qualify as a charity but someone more informed maybe can help us...

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
What about a silent auction with all proceeds going to Dan K's medical expenses? Is that considered a raffle...

Q5. Our organization wants to run a silent auction. What do we need to file with you?

A5. A live or silent auction to raise funds for charity is considered to be a solicitation for contributions. Under the Colorado Charitable Solicitations Act, the organization would need to register as a charity (unless it is specifically exempted by the statute). The organization does not need to apply for a Bingo-Raffle license.

Not sure if we qualify as a charity but someone more informed maybe can help us...

Do it, nobody will care at an event this small.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+

No reason donated items and proceeds from a donation hat couldnt be donated also!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Anyone Northside have room to take a large cooler filled with donated water from Boulder Toyota to the Rally as Im not able to go?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
What about a give away to people who "donate" for tickets? Also what department do you need the permit from at the County? I handle a lot of permitting for Summit and havent heard of requiring a permit for a raffle.

permits are through the state, not the county. and having been involved with the sos office with the raffle vehicle, i would have to say it sucks!

i would go with "donations" ;), although i don't know that they would find out about a small raffle. clubs do it all the time

Uncle Ben, i can bring the water...when are you available to meet up?

Status
Not open for further replies.