• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

2008 Rally Run #1 Wheeler Lake Overnighter

rover67

Rising Sun Member
OK, I am sad to say we are going to have to pass on this one. Sorry guys...

-Marco

Convert

Hard Core 4+

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Are youcoming ???

Official Wheeler Run List

Rockrunner
Armbrusters
Corbet
BVB (gunner)
Convert ( leader)

Got room

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I have an 8000# one that pulled Jeff's whale through the snow, will that work?

I may have to meet you guys at the road going up the trail, have family over this weekend. I was going to bail but Sharon told me she would kill me if I did not go, I guess she knows I need something like this.

Any cell numbers we can trade out just in case? I only have a CB, I know..........one of these days.

Anyway my number is 303-829-0703. If I am not mistaken we are meeting at the trail head between 4-4:30 pm right? Please let me know if I am wrong.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Anyway my number is 303-829-0703. If I am not mistaken we are meeting at the trail head between 4-4:30 pm right? Please let me know if I am wrong.

That is correct Tom, we will meet at the trail head just above Montgomery Res. Cell phone is 303-901-3925

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Someone in our group have a big winch to get my stock junk over the last rock if need be?

BVB and I both have winch's. The line we take up that rock should not need any winch action

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
BVB and I both have winch's. The line we take up that rock should not need any winch action

Sounds good. I'm locked but no lift with only 31's.

My cell is 970 668-5334 however don't plan on having very good service at the trail head.

I'll monitor: CB channel 4 and 2m 146.460 unless someone posts something different.

Weather report. Its been raining heavy up here the last few days. Trail will probably be wet. This morning was 50 degrees at doggy potty time so overnight temps may not be too bad. Sky has been clearing so far today but forecast calls for thunder storms. Be prepared for rain.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Bad news, looks pretty unlikely we will be there. Need to work some on Sunday morning. Just got in, need to take a shower and head on over to the Rally. Talk to you guys there and will call you, Dan, on your cell phone.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Dave I need to break camp pretty early Sunday to go host my open house in Frisco. So depending on how early you need to work we could drive out together?
That might work out, it's a weekend and so I don't really need to be in early. But an early start from Wheeler puts me in the DTC after lunch for sure, that is probably not early enough. I will think about it and talk it over with Dan and the guys at the Rally. It's a possibility, though.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I heard you test out the antenna with nate. I would have popped on but he already answered you by the time I grabbed the mic and then unlocked it.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I heard you test out the antenna with nate. I would have popped on but he already answered you by the time I grabbed the mic and then unlocked it.
I was trying to help Nakman with his radio. He most definitely has a problem, think it's the coax at the mount was kinked and might be broken. I was able to hit the 145.145 machine with low power at the same spot he couldn't open it with 50W on high.