Yawpers at the Hi Dive: Sunday, Sept. 24: buy tix now

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The Yawpers are playing shows in small places working out new material. I bought tickets to the Sunday night show at the Hi Dive. It was $11 including the fees. You all should come with me -- great stuff. They will sell out quickly so buy your tickets asap.

Here's a quick playlist of some essential Yawpers songs:

View: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1SDsAaHCBrKaTEz8ctmy6E?si=4b6aa35ca1264f2b

Hi Dive Tickets
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-yawpers-tickets-677557963107?aff=odwdwdspacecraft

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 1.10.02 PM.png

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Hulk you should also come to see my band play the hi-dive tomorrow. We’re opening for Love Gang for their European Tour kickoff show. 😉

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@Hulk you should also come to see my band play the hi-dive tomorrow. We’re opening for Love Gang for their European Tour kickoff show. 😉
Jim, what time will you go on? We've got dinner plans tomorrow night, but if it's late I might be able to make it.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Got em! These are always my favorite kind of shows to go to.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Also, all this stuff is still out there just as it was many moons ago. Nathaniel Rateliff’s old Band Born in the Flood used to play the dives for 20 people. Same for the Yawpers. But there’s great new bands in Denver playing to nobody right now, every weekend. Rock n roll, metal, experimental, jazz, all kinds of fantastic stuff happening right under our noses, in tiny rooms with small audiences.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Jim, what time will you go on? We've got dinner plans tomorrow night, but if it's late I might be able to make it.
We’re first out of four, so I think 9PM is when we hit the stage.

But also the Yawpers. Yes. Great band, great venue. I fully endorse your post. Didn’t mean to hijack!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
But also the Yawpers. Yes. Great band, great venue. I fully endorse your post. Didn’t mean to hijack!
No worries at all. I love seeing great bands in small venues. You should definitely post up your shows in advance so we can come.

With The Yawpers, I feel like it's like living in Minneapolis in the early 80s where you could just go see The Replacements or Husker Du at a small venue before they got well known.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Man what a time & place to be alive with those two bands playing the clubs! I can definitely see the comparison to the energy Yawpers bring to a small place.

I’m in three bands and we’re constantly playing shows but I’m not sure anyone here would like any of it and I would be posting often enough for it to feel spammy … so I don’t 🤷‍♂️

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Man what a time & place to be alive with those two bands playing the clubs! I can definitely see the comparison to the energy Yawpers bring to a small place.

I’m in three bands and we’re constantly playing shows but I’m not sure anyone here would like any of it and I would be posting often enough for it to feel spammy … so I don’t 🤷‍♂️
I really want to see your band(s) Jim, but for whatever reason I just haven’t been able to get to a show. Who knows if I’ll even be able to make it to the Yawpers, but I figure getting it on the calendar is a start.

There are enough music heads on here that maybe we start a show dates thread? I’ll start it then you don’t have to feel like you’re spamming when you post dates @Cruisertrash

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
ironically they came up as being a go to show by one of my favorite bands, lucero who will be playing in arvada next month

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
ironically they came up as being a go to show by one of my favorite bands, lucero who will be playing in arvada next month
I'm going to the Aug. 11th show (can't remember if there is more than one night). Love me some Lucero.

What's the connection between Lucero and The Yawpers?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
What's the connection between Lucero and The Yawpers?
ben nichols had posted up that they were really good and folks in the front range should go check out the show

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
They did all new stuff last night with the exception of one old favorite that they performed with their original drummer. Here it is.