Yankee Hill 11-08-09

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
AirRandy, FJBrady and I are going to be running Yankee Hill this Sunday with a group from Front Range 4X4. Yankee Hill is where our Annual Snow and Pizza Run most often is done and this is a good opportunity to check it out. Front Range 4X4 is the group that adopted the Barbour Fork Trail we ran for this year's Spooky Night Run.

The group's objective is an "Easy Stock Run" and a bunch will depend upon how much melting has occurred this week. I've talked with a few people last night that expressed interest in joining us on this run. If the snow prevents us from getting all the way through, we'll still have a good time.

The meeting place details are:
What: Yankee Hill Run
Where: Cottage Inn at 12101 W Colfax Ave (Colfax & Simms)
When: 9:30 am​

We'll caravan to the graveyard above Central City where we will air down. For those up in the hills that would like to hook up with the group, I anticipate we'll be at the graveyard around 10:30. I'll be monitoring on 146.460 and channel 4. If your able to make this run, post up. :thumb:

I'm In

I'm working feverishly on my new 40 to be ready by Sunday. I live in Black Hawk so I'll be meeting yall by the cemetery. The sun has been out in force these past few days but there will be snow drifts in the shaded areas, I recommend bringing lots of tow straps!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Hm maybe I can get a pass! Will be a good opportunity to try out my new pintle hook, if I can get my old bumper off and get it installed!

im in for a maybe..... have to see if i get all my chores done.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Got a hall pass! I'll meet you guys up at the graveyard at 10:30 - I don't like backtracking at 12mpg...

...now I gotta get my pintle bolted on! Let the games begin! :guapo:

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
AirRandy, FJBrady and I are going to be running Yankee Hill this Sunday with a group from Front Range 4X4. Yankee Hill is where our Annual Snow and Pizza Run most often is done and this is a good opportunity to check it out. Front Range 4X4 is the group that adopted the Barbour Fork Trail we ran for this year's Spooky Night Run.

The group's objective is an "Easy Stock Run" and a bunch will depend upon how much melting has occurred this week. I've talked with a few people last night that expressed interest in joining us on this run. If the snow prevents us from getting all the way through, we'll still have a good time.

The meeting place details are:
What: Yankee Hill Run
Where: Cottage Inn at 12101 W Colfax Ave (Colfax & Simms)
When: 9:30 am​

We'll caravan to the graveyard above Central City where we will air down. For those up in the hills that would like to hook up with the group, I anticipate we'll be at the graveyard around 10:30. I'll be monitoring on 146.460 and channel 4. If your able to make this run, post up. :thumb:

Well done Ricardo. Thank you for posting this on the RS site. I think it will be a good time for all..........

rover67

Rising Sun Member
it wasnt the bearings... tell him Steven...

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
*sigh* So I changed the last ones out on Monday aftwer we got back from moab. Cleaned parts and pan for a few hours, then put it all back together.
Started it up. SAME NOISE! gets worse as the engine warms up. Dang. I should have done the mains too.
No wait. It just can't be. What about these old pullies down here? Maybe bad bearing there? Take off all the belts. Noise gone! So, what is it? Start to put the A/C belt back on and what is this? a 3 inch long chunk of belt is missing! put on the new belt. No noise. Put on the P/S belt. No noise. Put on the alt belt. no noise. Let truck sit for a day. Drive it to work in the snow on Wednesday.

Talk about glass half full! It wasn't bearings at all. It was a simple $15 napa belt.
I'm mobile again.

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
*sigh* So I changed the last ones out on Monday aftwer we got back from moab. Cleaned parts and pan for a few hours, then put it all back together.
Started it up. SAME NOISE! gets worse as the engine warms up. Dang. I should have done the mains too.
No wait. It just can't be. What about these old pullies down here? Maybe bad bearing there? Take off all the belts. Noise gone! So, what is it? Start to put the A/C belt back on and what is this? a 3 inch long chunk of belt is missing! put on the new belt. No noise. Put on the P/S belt. No noise. Put on the alt belt. no noise. Let truck sit for a day. Drive it to work in the snow on Wednesday.

Talk about glass half full! It wasn't bearings at all. It was a simple $15 napa belt.
I'm mobile again.

well you made me chuckle :)

long live leinies :D

My Sunday just opened up so what better way to fill it than to go wheeling. I will meet you guys up at the cemetery.

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
My Sunday just opened up so what better way to fill it than to go wheeling. I will meet you guys up at the cemetery.

Excellent, Justin, I'll bring you fan belt. Perhaps you'll get a chance to break in the new strap. :D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
sorry, had something come up last minute that I have to help with. Looks like my pintle won't be getting a workout this weekend :(

Out.

TIMZTOY

Hard Core 4+
Im in. I'll meet at colfax and simms. Let's hope my de verginizing run dose t break anything. I'm trying to post pics under "tim'z new toy"

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I'm bummed i can't make this. I have to be at DIA at 2:45.:mad: Have a great time!:cheers: