Yankee Hill 10-26

subzali

Hard Core 4+
:D

Snow run. Fun. Me with Brahma and my buddy Nick with his '77 Scout II "Doris" :eek:.

Lock-right makes a difference :thumb:

around 1.5-2-2.5 feet of snow, depending. No hills stopped Brahma with breaking trail, made it up to the big parking lot before we had to turn around. Nick had a little trouble, it being his first four-wheeling trip, open-open with chains only on the front, but he did pretty good! I need to adjust my chains, since I downsized my tires :eek: they don't fit right. Snowing pretty heavy on our way up at 10:30 but stopped pretty quick and we actually had blue sky at lunch.

Attachments

• 03 middle hole.jpg
    03 middle hole.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 487
  • 04 pushing snow.jpg
    04 pushing snow.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,450
  • 05 chained up.jpg
    05 chained up.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 08 yankee hill sign.jpg
    08 yankee hill sign.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_2795small.jpg
    IMG_2795small.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2782small.jpg
    IMG_2782small.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
more, and some from the video :D

I'll bring the video (just a quick hill climb) to the meeting :D

Attachments

• matt hill movie_0003.jpg
    matt hill movie_0003.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 369
  • matt hill movie_0002.jpg
    matt hill movie_0002.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 357
  • matt hill movie_0001.jpg
    matt hill movie_0001.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 727
  • 17 brahma front, doris back.jpg
    17 brahma front, doris back.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 837
  • 16 doris front, brahma back.jpg
    16 doris front, brahma back.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_2827small.jpg
    IMG_2827small.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Nice!!!! sweet pics, I look forward to the vid!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Looks like fun:smokin: I had to work today then go to the dentist in the afternoon:( (that'll show me to chip my tooth:rolleyes: )..

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I was right behind you today in Golden - at about 3:45p. It took me a couple minutes figure out that it was your truck. YOu probably didn't notice the green SAAB following you.

Bruce

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I have been thinking about a snow run there lately with all the snow they have been getting. You are the man for getting up ther and breaking trail in that fresh stuff. We have to get up there soon as a club.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Actually I did kinda notice 'cause I hate making people wait for me to make that right turn, especially since I slowed down cause I thought the guy in the pickup was gonna come screaming back into my lane when he realized the lane ended...but then he didn't. I'll keep a closer lookout for ya though :thumb:

And ya Scott it was fun seeing what I could do under my own steam. Somebody had kinda already broke trail, but I was trying some fresh stuff too and was still going through like hot knife through butta' :rolleyes: Anyway it made me wonder why the Snow/Pizza run and the other times I've been up there seem to be "easier," I guess the snow gets blown off so it's not as deep later in the season eh? Of course we didn't get to the drifts to see what those look like right now.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Matt-

Thanks for sharing man! Great to see the hard top on your rig... looks like you got a plow up front!

I didn't see you using your signal as you turned away from your bud's rig :thumb: did you get them working?

Thanks for sharing!

Rezarf <><

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Rezarf said:
Great to see the hard top on your rig...
Yeah, wanted to get it fixed and repainted this summer but ran out of time :( It helps keep the cold off though!:thumb:

Rezarf said:
looks like you got a plow up front!
:hill: it was like that all the way home too. It was cool going through snow deep enough to pile up against your grille and making a bow wave as you did it!

Rezarf said:
I didn't see you using your signal as you turned away from your bud's rig :thumb: did you get them working?

:confused: in the video? See sig...:rolleyes: :D

Thanks dude! See ya at the meeting? Pre-meeting?