• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Sold Yamaha drum set - SOLD

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
SOLD: Full drum kit. Includes everything in photos. Bass drum with double Pearl pedal, snare drum, 4 toms, Sabian crash and ride cymbals, Sabian hi-hat cymbal, and throne. Recently replaced all drum heads with Remo heads. This is everything you need to rock out!
$600

IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1740.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg
IMG_1737.jpeg
IMG_1736.jpeg
IMG_1738.jpeg

Last edited:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
That's a good price, looks like a high quality kit that certainly cost more than double the ask.

A question and a couple of observations. The question is, why selling? Was it yours or Charlie's and no longer interested? Upgrading? Observations:

* Hmmm new XF doesn't have lists (that I can see in the tools) any more
* No hole in the front kick head - must be tuned like mad?
* On the same vein, bottom heads still on the rack toms and floor tom?
* The 12" rack tom has way fewer beat marks than the 8" and 10" - style or new addition?
* Most right handed drummers locate the ride on the right. Is this a right handed kit semi-set up for a south paw?
* There is a clamp on the hi hat stand - more cowbell?
* Boxes of (presumably) CM shirts in background - before Dan took over fulfilling them maybe? (I see Karie in the background :))

I might be interested to upgrade over my Ludwig kit :unsure:

Yeah, I'm mainly a guitarist but play drums, bass and keys too.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
A question and a couple of observations. The question is, why selling? Was it yours or Charlie's and no longer interested? Upgrading?
It was my kit. I started playing a few years ago and then got sidetracked. We need the space, so I am selling. Someday I will buy another drum set, but for now the space is needed.

* Hmmm new XF doesn't have lists (that I can see in the tools) any more
Thank you -- I will put this on my list to get fixed. That is weird that it is missing.

* No hole in the front kick head - must be tuned like mad?
No hole yet. It does have those protective stickers so maybe that helped? I did buy new drum heads.

* On the same vein, bottom heads still on the rack toms and floor tom?
Yes, all the bottom heads are there. I should mention that the big floor tom is a Pacific rather than a Yamaha. It's the only drum that's not a Yamaha. The kit didn't come with a big floor tom but I thought this was needed. Y'know, as you do.

* The 12" rack tom has way fewer beat marks than the 8" and 10" - style or new addition?
Style I guess? Maybe angle of playing? I think I replaced all the heads at the same time, but maybe I did that one last.

* Most right handed drummers locate the ride on the right. Is this a right handed kit semi-set up for a south paw?
I'm pretty ambidextrous. Might have been a wild hair.

* There is a clamp on the hi hat stand - more cowbell?
Clamp is included, but it's BYOC.

* Boxes of (presumably) CM shirts in background - before Dan took over fulfilling them maybe? (I see Karie in the background :))
I have been doing all the fulfillment since August. We have a pretty good setup here since Karie does all the TLCA fulfillment. I'm thinking that I will get all the leftover CM stuff from the trailer, have a Black Friday sale, and then return whatever is leftover back to the trailer. My wife is not happy about 4 CM boxes in our basement, but it was 8 boxes.

I might be interested to upgrade over my Ludwig kit :unsure:
Feel free to come check them out. They are now set up in the garage.

Yeah, I'm mainly a guitarist but play drums, bass and keys too.
Musicians are like that, right?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
  • I added the list option to the menu.
  • Yes this works pretty well.
  • Hooray.