Yaesu FT-7800R Owner's Thread

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Dave, I was looking at your 8800 file. Did it program both sides? Did you also include Moab and Utah repeaters? I am having trouble finding your post again with the file.
Kevin linked to the post. There are a couple of important files. The one called daves8800.8800 is the actual programming file for the RT System ADMS-2I version 3.70 software. It has both left and right files and in my radio the sides are identical except for the default memory location #1.

There are two additional files, daves8800left.csv and daves8800right.csv (I think those are the names, pretty sure). Either of these files could be used to import frequencies to another software package, they are really pretty much the same.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
So I programmed it with the FTB7800 SW. Tookj a few minutes because I had to set the read time (Read radio first) to 45ms for it to work.

After programming it, I noticed its not as flexible as the VX-7r which displays Freq and name. This does either or. So I switched everything over to freq and reprogrammed.

Edit: looks like you can press the B button on the mike to toggle between freq and alph. Have to test that later

I'll print out a list and carry it so I know what the names are if I need it.

Nobody seemed to be on and I wanted to check it. Maybe later

Last edited: