• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

www.QRZ.com Test results

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
:(

Scored a 57.1% on my first try... I got just over half of the questions right without any prep, so there is hope! :D Time to start hitting the books.

:lmao:

Attachments

• Drews score.jpg
    Drews score.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 418

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Not to start a pissing contest, but...

I passed on the first try! I attribute it to recently having taken circuits etc. and still being a good guesser on multiple choice questions :D. Solid knowledge would have gotten me in the 40-50% range ;)

Like it said, time to go study some more. I don't even know the proper way to start a conversation, identify myself, or anything. :cool: nonetheless.

Attachments

• Test 1.JPG
    Test 1.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 441

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hmmm... mebbe I should just take the test!
TestResults.JPG

Of course...
Overconfidence.jpg

could be a risk...

In the interest of full disclosure I do have an electronics degree. Somewhere back there in my misty youth.

Bighead

Trail Ready
Am I correct in assuming these are just practice tests? What study materials are you all using?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Yep, just practice tests...I have "The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual
-- All you need to become an Amateur Radio Operator" - look a few pages back on the thread for the class and I think there's some links to it.

Plus Ricardo posted up a study guide in that thread too I think.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Am I correct in assuming these are just practice tests? What study materials are you all using?

The "practice tests" use the actual questions from the real tests. So if you spend some time going through all the tests online, there will be no surprises when you go to take the actual exam.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
You can get the book online or at bookstores here in town.

My test combined some knowledge and some good guessing.

Got to hit the books, just like Matt I can not start or talk to anyone let alone tune the radio

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I read most of the ARRL book, but most of it was from life experience. Or memory. I think. Wait, what was I saying?

I get all the physics questions but none of the rules correct. 79% is my best score so far wit no studying. I just downloaded Ubuntu onto my desktop at home and there is Ham radio programs redaly available for use out there.

Bighead

Trail Ready
The "practice tests" use the actual questions from the real tests. So if you spend some time going through all the tests online, there will be no surprises when you go to take the actual exam.

Excellent...sounds like some military tests I have taken.

Yep, just practice tests...I have "The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual
-- All you need to become an Amateur Radio Operator" - look a few pages back on the thread for the class and I think there's some links to it.

Plus Ricardo posted up a study guide in that thread too I think.

Thanks, I'll do some searching. I was going to look before asking but this thread popped up as a target of opportunity.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Third times a charm... or I got lucky! :D :p:

I love the comment below the score :lmao::thumb:

Attachments

• Drews score3.jpg
    Drews score3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 260

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
I read most of the ARRL book, but most of it was from life experience....................

VERY good point and something I was going to bring up in the review class. When this stuff starts to sound overwhelming, try to think of a life experience that you can relate it to.

Plumbing, hydraulics, heck even installing a supercharger on an engine....it's all a volume/pressure relationship.

I have zero, zip, nada experience with eletronical enginerdiness, what I do have is 20+ years in the medical field. Hemodynamics (the flow of blood cells through the body) and it's volume, pressure and resistance relationships are exactly the same as the flow of electrons in a circuit.

dang taking it many times while Im supposed to work is helping my score greatly.89.9

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Anything done when one should be working seems to go exceptionally well.

OOPS! I mean...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Not hard...

Ricardo's link is excellent, I got halfway through it and took the test again - now to just keep on reading, studying, learning, and retaining :eek: Still had to guess on a few things, but getting the hang of it. I know better how to do normal transmissions too. :thumb:

And to maybe work on studying for general...:D

Attachments

• Test 2.JPG
    Test 2.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 247

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Whew! Was kinda touch & go there for a minute but I pulled it out.. yup haven't thought about most of this stuff for over a year.

Attachments

• passed.JPG
    passed.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 241