WTS: FJ60 project with Benz diesel

SOLD Thanks everyone for your interest!

I have a 1984 FJ60 with a Mercedes turbo diesel and automatic transmission installed... Comes with a Toyota t-case (not installed) and a pile of spare parts. Engine has a rebuilt head with zero miles. 5-cylinder 1985 model out of a 300D.

Lots more pictures are online here. It's in really quite good shape. Hell, the headliner isn't even sagging at all!

OME heavy springs and shocks front/rear.

Ramsey 8000-pound winch in a small bush-bar mount.

3.73 gears, Lock-Rite in the rear.

BEEFY custom rear bumper with big shackle mounts tied to the frame, side protection, and tire carrier on a trailer bearing pivot.

33x12.5 mud tires (rollers, not much life left) on black wagon wheels, not the white rusty ones in the picture!

Body is generally good. Glass good (crack in windshield). Nice big FJ62 mirrors. Interior pretty good, with 3-point belts in the rear. Cargo drawer in the back.

It's a project. I can give you a CAD drawing for an adapter to divorce the t-case and hook it up to the Mercedes tranny, or you can get an adapter from 4x4Labs.com to mate the engine to a Chevy tranny.

$1000 OBO (SOLD). I'd like to sell this soon, and I have no way to part it out, so please don't ask for parts, but please do make an offer?I'll consider all offers!
________
HOTBOX VAPORIZER

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:

60wag

Rising Sun Member
So that one is yours! I drive past it on the way to work. I wondered what the story was with it. It sounds like a cool project but not something I want to take on right now.

So tempting

Any rust? Miles on the block?

Some rust. I can't remember exactly where it all is, but I know there's some in the rockers, and some in the rear arches. Overall it's not bad at all.

Probably close to 200k miles on the block. When we took it all apart, cylinders were clean. New valves and guides in the head, rebuilt professionally by a mechanic in Loveland. New timing chain and guides when we had it all apart, among other new parts. I daily-drove the car it came out of for a few weeks before I pulled the engine, and it ran well with good power.

This was a serious project until a divorce, move, new job, and finally loss of shop space and lack of funds made me give up the dream.
________
Vermont dispensary

Last edited:
Trades?

I also need a new front axle (at least the housing, if not a complete bolt-up-and-go assembly) for my BJ42. My third member, birfields, hubs, and disc brakes etc. are good, but the housing itself is bent. If you've got a housing or full front end assembly, and can help me install it, the price of the 60 could go way down. :grinpimp:

(I also need help finishing up a turbo project on the 42, and if you have the tools and knowledge to rebuild a PS pump and an H41/42 tranny, let's make a deal!)
________
Dongfeng honda automobile company

Last edited:
Edited the ad to include the winch. No idea how I forgot about that little part. :)
________
Aromed Vaporizers

Last edited:
I may be very interested in trading a BJ44 front axle and some odds and ends for the rig.

I have a few Q's:
Old engine? and tranny?
Interior color?
Pictures to me at kraig @ colorado . net ?

Thanks!

Kraig

Just found out, I need to move this from where it is in the next week or so. As I don't have anywhere else to put it, please make me an offer! I don't want to sell it for scrap!!!
________
Honda P50

Last edited:

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
$200

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
$250

Or send Timmbuck2 a PM and see if he might have space available in his downtown garage for a modest fee :)

rover67

Rising Sun Member
this might actually work better this way!

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
$300 cash, I can pick it up with my trailer on Sunday

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Marco if you want to go $350 I'm in for half, if we can keep it at your place!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
$250 cash and you can have Randy's trailer! (Title might be tough to obtain)

Oh...We're going to start playing that game are we?

$50 and you can have UB's Wild Rice :D
(Title will be impossible to attain)