WTB - FJ40 bolt-on rear hitch

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Anyone got one of these lying around they want to part with? Looking for something like the hitch CCOT sells:

Attachments

• coolfj40_2036_36937124.jpeg
    coolfj40_2036_36937124.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,128

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I have the type that bolts on and the ball is incorporated instead of the interchangeable square tube style. Yours if you want it.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I also have a 5 ton pintle hook that'll bolt there, if you are looking for something as recovery. Down side of a pintle is it's a serious knee buster, though it looks core. I may still have a bracket like Martin mentions, too, not sure.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I also have a 5 ton pintle hook that'll bolt there, if you are looking for something as recovery. Down side of a pintle is it's a serious knee buster, though it looks core. I may still have a bracket like Martin mentions, too, not sure.

I replaced the ball hitch with the pintle like you mentioned. Much better for recovery and it bolted right up.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
These are really easy to build, I made one of these for my rear bumper. You can pick up the receiver piece from Walmart, Autozone, etc for $10 and get the HD chunk of angle iron from Fastenal if you want new for another $10. I could weld this for you in about 2 minutes. Pick up some grade 8 bolts and drill 4 - 1/2" holes and you're done.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Yes, its for recovery. I removed the bumper "log" that was on there, which also included a rear recovery point, and I have no plans to put it back on the rig. And I've got one of those receiver-mount D-ring dealios sitting in my garage, so I thought I'd put it to use on the 40.

Building might be an option way out in the future, but I've got too many other things on the list right now, and not enough time....

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
So I kinda dropped this for a while, but still need one. The square tube style is preferred because I have one of those Warn slide-in recovery dealios that holds a D-ring.