• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

WTB - Early 40 license plate holders

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I’d like to buy both the rear and a front license plate holder for OG2. 1967 FJ 40 but I’m sure other years will work, especially for the front. I suspect the rear will be tougher to find.

Lemme know what you have?!

Last edited:

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Found a decent rear license plate holder. Could still use a decent front one, but it's a little easier to fudge something.

I'll have to weld up a few holes in the rear door to re-install the rear bracket.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
68C3DD55-3AA9-46FD-9B64-79E1B805F9EA.jpeg

I am happy with the way the rear turned out.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Noice! :thumb:

tancruiser

Trail Ready
What is that a backup light on the roof? Looking good I just did a similar job to my 40.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
I think what you're seeing is the handle for the hatch...

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Haha...yes just the hatch handle.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I would still take a legit 1967 Front License plate holder if someone comes across one. But for now, I have a front and rear...the front is just not period correct. No big deal.