Word of warning for 09 CM

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Bruce, why do you think that would be the case? I would guess that more LEOs are of the pro land use mindset rather than being of the treehugging school, wouldn't you?
I will chime in. I would say this would not be the case, for a simple reason: they see all the abuses, but few of the responsible recreationists doing things the right way. That's what they get called out to correct.

About the 18th time I saw someone tear across virgin crypto on their ATV past signs clearly marking the trail, I might adopt the same mindset.

Keep in mind that the LEO encounters at the top of this thread were guys who went after OHVers who were doing nothing wrong at all - sitting in camp for pitie's sake. That is the line they shouldn't cross.

This thread is by no means opposing BLM enforcement actions and LEOs in general. Without them we would lose it all. But forewarned is prepared.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
PS. I'm not licensed to practice in Utah so y'all are on your own out there!

now you tell me. Last night I watched that "busted" video too, and was all ready to exercise my 6th amendment rights while out in Utah... :eek:

man wish I would have seen that video 15 years ago... :perry:

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
6th Amendment?

What are you planning on doing in Moab?

I think the 6th Amendment has to do with: In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial... before am impartial jury in the state where the crime shall have been committed...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
True but the 6th amendment also protects my right to counsel. :...and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense."

I don't like to run Wipeout Hill without my lawyer present, he knows where all the secret tunnels are, plus he's good at flipping the burgers. :)