Windshield Replacement

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Just thought I would add to the resource list for those needing window replacement. Yesterday, I had the windshields replaced in my 80 and 100 by Jeremy from Precision Auto Glass. He has been doing this work for 25 years and his skill was evident. He pointed out the lack of adhesive on the 80 windshield from the prior replacement had probably been the cause of the footwell wetness in my truck after the car wash and rain deluge. Luckily the 80 had not developed any bad rust and he was very good about painting the metal with etching primer to protect it in the future. Solid job. On the 100, he pointed out that Safelite had removed the rivets on a previous repair, but this truck was also rust free (probably due to being a garage queen). He painted all the screw holes with the primer and thought I should be OK going forward. When asked, he said he would have been able to replace the OEM rivets if they were still there.

I was quoted $955 fo4 the 2007 100 and $561 for the 1995 80. Luckily, I had no deductible windshield coverage on my Chubb policy and it was zero out of pocket. Give them a call if you want to have a pro come and do it correctly. They can be reached at 720.364.2630.

best regards.

todd

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3063.jpeg
    IMG_3063.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Great to hear! Thanks for the report and recommendation. Tell me more about your steering wheel wrap!

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Looks like it's wrapped in paracord

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Camo paracord steering wheel wrap, that's brilliant!

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
I had someone who supposedly had experience with Cruisers replace the 80 windshield and I still have wind noise on a corner. May give this guy a call. Thanks.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
When I got the 80, the leather was ruined between the 9 and 3 o clock positions. Looked into taking it off and having it re-wrapped professionally in leather. Expensive and worried about killing myself with a 28 year old airbag igniter. On flats skiffs, the stainless steering wheels are often wrapped in paracord to improve grip. I thought I would give it a try before sending the wheel to be fixed professionally. Was a little tough on hands initially, but softening up with the sweat I produced at Cruise moab. Will report back on wind noise on both trucks, but drove the 80 today and it seemed a little quieter than before.