Wildflower Cruise: Crested Butte July 25th-28th

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
The ladies from DLAG decided this was to cool of an idea to not share with the club.

The 26th and 27th to be trails days, one easy and one with a little more challenge. Currently doing trail research but have a rough idea of what we will be doing. Going to keep this to ten trucks. Mor information will be posted as we settle on trail selection.

For the easy trail day the pace will be slow, you don't do a wildflower cruise and not stop to take pictures of the flowers with an on trail picnic. Maybe dinner in town. Perfect for those looking for a relaxing fun outing.

The hard trail day, may challenge those with a fear of heights, exposure and tight quarters. Lunch on trail and a good chance the campsite will move for those who wish to join us on this leg.

Opens to camp suggestions, I know this area is getting tough for camping. @Ann and @hitchhiker have taken the research roll and may head out early to grab a spot for us.

1. @Yarn Cruiser and @DomOfTheDead
2. @Ann and @hitchhiker
3. @Canonyero
4. @Inukshuk
5. @fyffer
6. @KC Masterpiece
7. @that'swhatshesaid
8. @Eyepain
9. @Johnny Utah
10. @Herring and Lisa
11. @RossM and Nelda

Last edited:

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Cutting it close to another event I plan on, but putting it on the Calendar. A very good maybe and got a general Idea of route. Only a 60 and great divide plan will supersede it.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Mike I hope you can make it! Hopefuly it's a good launching point for you.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
I hope that's a worse case scenario, got to catch a Train trip and a 2 wk Trip to Europe before. 😊

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Bring the puppy!!! Hope you guys can make it! Amber and I still need to do our picnic. I have been testing new recipes for this season. 😍🍽️🌲

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@Ann is putting in some amazing work to help nail down camping spots and some amazing trails for us, including a waterfall hike.

@that'swhatshesaid is doing her best to help keep us focused and make sure we have fun looking for all kinds of flowers and butterflies. As well as some shenanigans in town. 🤪🙂

In short you don't want to miss out on this one. 🙂 these ladies are a dream to work with and I can't wait to see there hardwork paid off.

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
@Ann is putting in some amazing work to help nail down camping spots and some amazing trails for us, including a waterfall hike.

@that'swhatshesaid is doing her best to help keep us focused and make sure we have fun looking for all kinds of flowers and butterflies. As well as some shenanigans in town. 🤪🙂

In short you don't want to miss out on this one. 🙂 these ladies are a dream to work with and I can't wait to see there hardwork paid off.
You have given me too much credit for this one! 😆 Great job and thank you @Ann!

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Taking the rig up to Red Line Landcruiser COS on the 24th to get fixed, their earliest appointment. Going to France to celebrate my sisters 60th for couple of weeks. RLLC gave me a 10% chance to make the Train trip. But should be a go for this, then going.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@Herring you are added! Super excited to have you guys out!
We have have more concrete updated with our plans posted soon. It will be a blast.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
We spoke with @Ann about this run in Moab. Please add Nelda and me to the list.