Where do you get your steel

Folks in the south end of town, where do you buy your steel? I'm still trying to get my bearings and I don't have time to run up north during/after work to grab some. I work in the DTC and live in highlands ranch so somewhere near those areas that will sell small amounts would be good. Or maybe somewhere that is open on the weekends?

:beer:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Altitude Steel, under the Colfax Viaduct. Open Sat mornings. Good people.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Hintson steel They are on S platte dr. Not south but good people. You can also try the shop near Titan and Sante Fe. They make metal fences and security doors, they buy from Hintson but sometimes sell stock to the public.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
What do you need?

I might be able to swing some stuff for you out of our scrap bin and bring it to the meeting tomorrow night. What are you looking for specifically?
We have all sorts of thickness scrap, and some good size pieces every now and then of some of it.

Let me know the:
Gauge/thickness?
Cold Rolled or hot rolled P&O?
Lenght by width?

I'll see what I can dig up. I also(personally) have a 5 foot length of 3/8 thick by 5 inches wide steel flat stock that I would sell cheap if you are looking for it.

I'm currently building a skid plate, I'll need a little over 3ft of 3x3x3/16 angle, around a 30" square of 1/4" plate and 3ft 1"x.125 tube. I have the 1.75" DOM that I'm going to build the framework with already.

Thanks for the responses guys

Groucho let me know what you got, scrap bins can be sweet!

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+