Wanted Wheels/Tires for Emissions - 97 LC

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

80Series

Lifted
Would anyone happen to have a set of wheels and tires for a 97 LC that work for emission testing. Even if I could borrow for an afternoon I would be willing to pay something so I can get my testing done.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I have a set of small tires on stock 80 rims that will work for you. Located in Englewood conveniently close to two different Air Care stations.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I also have a set of rollers. Located in the Thornton area.

If you have a 97 you should he able to just have them hit the OBDII and not put it on the tread mill.

80Series

Lifted
Appreciate it! Thornton is close to me. I was thinking of having them do the scan first but last time they still put the truck on the dyno. Let me see if can get that to work tomorrow. If not I will let you know. Thanks!!

ccslider

Hard Core 4+
I just had my emissions done, I have 35s and all they did is plug in and verify all of the monitors were in the ready state.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Just did my ‘97 80 at the broomfield location (teller street) and they put it on the rollers. Luckily it passed just fine

DHwreckage

Rock Stacker
Just a heads up the station in Fort Collins accepts up to 37" tires, I was worried about this since I'm going to need to smog once i get a few parts and pieces replaced on the old LC!

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just a heads up the station in Fort Collins accepts up to 37" tires, I was worried about this since I'm going to need to smog once i get a few parts and pieces replaced on the old LC!
Accepts tires up to 37" on the rollers? or OBDII?

DHwreckage

Rock Stacker
Accepts tires up to 37" on the rollers? or OBDII?
I was told on the phone that they accept up to 40" tires on the rollers at Fort Collins. I just achieved ECU readiness yesterday on my 97', WOOOOOHOOOOO, and may try Broomfield Air Care first to see if they will just do a sniffer test. I forget if it was on here or on Ih8mud that someone said Broomfield ran their OBDII on just the sniffer, but worth a try so I don't have to drive all the way to Fort Collins for emissions testing in my lethargic whale!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
The Sheridan Station did mine on 37's, but plugged in to the OBDII. No rollers

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Huh?! Lucky! I need to get me one of those OBDII thing-a-ma-jiggies.
When i had to renew the tags I registered it at my in-laws property in Pueblo

DHwreckage

Rock Stacker
Just to update this report, 97 LX450 all sensors in a ready state no check engine light, Went to the Broomfield station and they just plugged her in checked readiness and tested gas cap and then I paid the $25 and went on my way...so glad I don't have to deal with swapping tires or going to Fort Collins anymore!

are they requiring the pre-OBD2 vehicles to get on rollers?

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just to update this report, 97 LX450 all sensors in a ready state no check engine light, Went to the Broomfield station and they just plugged her in checked readiness and tested gas cap and then I paid the $25 and went on my way...so glad I don't have to deal with swapping tires or going to Fort Collins anymore!

Yes, OBDI has to run rollers.

rover67

Rising Sun Member

Huh interesting, the place on Teller street right? That's where I went and they did the whole dyno test... AND it was a long one.

BlueSteel

Lifted

do all monitors need to be ready, or just the ones that make it ready to test? I can get everything to ready but the EGR. I think my 97 will pass sniff test, but I’m kind of over trying to fix the P0401. Already removed intake, new vac lines, new VSv. Only things left are vac modulator and EGR and I don’t wanna drop $300 if I can get it to pass sniff test without EGR working

J1000

Rising Sun Member
do all monitors need to be ready, or just the ones that make it ready to test? I can get everything to ready but the EGR. I think my 97 will pass sniff test, but I’m kind of over trying to fix the P0401. Already removed intake, new vac lines, new VSv. Only things left are vac modulator and EGR and I don’t wanna drop $300 if I can get it to pass sniff test without EGR working
You should be able to remove the EGR valve and clean out the carbon by hand pretty easily and get it working again.