What's the trail selection process going to be at CM 2022?

dehru

Wincher
Is it some online process that opens up at a certain time, and fills up quickly, like registration did?

How do we handle the group size and special permits for runs like Elephant Hill?

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is it some online process that opens up at a certain time, and fills up quickly, like registration did?

How do we handle the group size and special permits for runs like Elephant Hill?
We’ll announce the date coming up, it will take place near the end of the month. We are working out a way to may sure we don’t crash the site again when it opens up, possibly will be a waiting room.

As far as group size, you will be registering your vehicle for the runs you are interested in and we will setup a waitlist if the run you prefer turns out to be full. We take care of the permit process as a comittee for being able to be a group on the BLM and National Parks, you are responsible to have a pass to get into the national park.

Hope this helps.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
Are leaders / gunners going to need to sign up for the trails they are helping on? I can't remember.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Are leaders / gunners going to need to sign up for the trails they are helping on? I can't remember.
No. No need to do that.
You will know prior to trail registration opening what you’re leading/gunning and will not have to sign up for said trail.

BC9392

Rising Sun Member
Thought trail selection was opening up March 5th - Saturday morn at 9:00 AM

Have not seen email or any info regarding that.

Is that still the plan

If so what is process?

Thanks

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Thought trail selection was opening up March 5th - Saturday morn at 9:00 AM

Have not seen email or any info regarding that.

Is that still the plan

If so what is process?

Thanks
May want to reread the email we sent you

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
More info is coming. We are all volunteers. Watch your inbox.

dehru

Wincher
I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas :santa: I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. And I'll be up before dawn. 🌅

hungry ghost

Rising Sun Member
Hi, both my son and I are registered for cruise Moab, he has to work tomorrow, is possibly for me to complete or do his trail section for him?
Craig Ord
Tristan Ord son

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi, both my son and I are registered for cruise Moab, he has to work tomorrow, is possibly for me to complete or do his trail section for him?
Craig Ord
Tristan Ord son
Do you have his login and password… ?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Then yes, you will be able to do trail selection for him. You will need to do trail selection for one of you, logout, log back in as the other user, and select trails for that person. In other words, you can't do both at the same time (unless you have 2 computers).

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Then yes, you will be able to do trail selection for him. You will need to do trail selection for one of you, logout, log back in as the other user, and select trails for that person. In other words, you can't do both at the same time (unless you have 2 computers).
or two browsers. That is how I do Rachel and me, at least in previous years

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Ha! I will be in the air and won't land until 9:30 mst. Don't you all be filling up my choices before I can get to it!

RobW0

New-ish
It will be interesting to see where I ended up on the list because of the server going down. :unsure:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It will be interesting to see where I ended up on the list because of the server going down. :unsure:
The server going down affected everyone. It's not like 100 people got in while you were blocked.

RobW0

New-ish
The server going down affected everyone. It's not like 100 people got in while you were blocked.
Yes, that is why the unsure face. Not sure how long of a gap between when the server went back up and I realized I could finish my registration. Not complaining.