What to do with wire rope

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So I have some wire rope that I used for senior design, but didn't use all of it. What to do with the excess? UB I cut yours up, so I don't suppose you want it back. Cardinal, I didn't use yours so if you need it back it's good to go. Otherwise I think I'll take it down to the scrapyard and see what I can get for it.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
So I have some wire rope that I used for senior design, but didn't use all of it. What to do with the excess? UB I cut yours up, so I don't suppose you want it back. Cardinal, I didn't use yours so if you need it back it's good to go. Otherwise I think I'll take it down to the scrapyard and see what I can get for it.

It left here in perfect condition and your commitment to take it is final. That was a very rare and exotic cable and if kept whole it's collectors value is incredibly high! Wars have been fought for ions over trying to possess wire ropes of that quality and rarity. I'm certain we can negotiate a fair price maybe even in the low k's. All assets (Cruisers) you and your dad own will be considered in partial trade. :eek: :eek: :hill:

Last edited:

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I'm with UB on this one...

Here's your challenge should you choose to accept it. See if you can get someplace to cut it at the bad kink and put a thimble on the end...you can use that as an extension. (operative word in all that....YOU). ;)

But really, all joking aside...I have no need for it, see what you can get for it at the scrapyard. put that dough into Brahma...or go to McDonalds for lunch. :lmao:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Good idea on the winch extension, now if I could only get my hands on a bumper and a winch...

I'll measure it out Terry and give you however much you need. There's lots of it.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I will take it. I need a bunch for a landscape project.

Terry

If you need more than Matt can come up with I've got 100' of 5/16" from my old XD9000. I was wondering myself what the heck to do with it. I was thinking zip line :D

Hants

Rising Sun Member
I was thinking zip line :D

That's a GREAT idea! :D:cool::thumb:

I'm off now to Google how to make a safe ZIP line in the yard! :thumb: Hmmmm, should I mention it to my insurance agent? :hill:

You can use it to drag lakes for wrecked cars.

Actually with the all the recent ham licensees they could probably use it for those obstructions they will soon be building in their backyards.

The Art idea is a good one. You could unbraid it and use it for a mane and tail on a horse sculpture.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'll take 25-50 ft. of it off your hands.