• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

What have you done to your rig today?

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Time to swap on the summer tires. Brand new Yoko G003’s

IMG_2160.jpeg

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I picked it up is what I did. 2003 Sequoia in excellent condition with 264k and a 2UZ that is clean as a whistle. Nice to have some actual power for once lol.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Is there anybody else in the club who actually wheels a 1st gen Sequoia? I don't remember ever seeing one on a run.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I just installed my sliders from Brute Force Fab onto the Sequoia. I would like to thank Axel Fabrication for welding on my brackets, if anyone is looking for a great welder, fabricator Lars is awesome to deal with. I ended up painting these sliders as they are bolt on, I had a few issues with my powder coated sliders on my 100 so trying something different. I cleaned them up with soap and water, rubbing alcohol, 2 coats of Rustoleum automotive primer and then painted them with Rustoleum semi gloss protective enamel.
Hey I found someobdy else in the club who wheels a first gen tree! I just picked mine up today. Those sliders you installed are fascinating. Almost seems like you could swap between sliders and running boards if you wanted and be a little more low-key most of the time with your build. They are also rather reasonably priced. I assume the mounting hardware holds up well to good hits?

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
IMG_20240419_210857447_HDR.jpg

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
@rushthezeppelin been following along with the drama. Really sad to see what happened to the 4Runner but congrats on the Sequoia!

@Jcbmx has one too I think. Or did. Did you sell that for the 200?
It's all for the better honestly, weird as it might sound this is one of the best things that's ever happened to me as far as growing in virtue (at least so far). This happened because I have a problem with impatience. And I got what seems to be an even more solid vehicle out of it to boot. Granted I still need to build it. Really hope someone takes me up on the 4runner though and gets her fixed up. I would be sad if she ends up in a junk yard and would really like her to stay in the club.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Had some fun getting to our backpacking spot in Utah past the Abajos. Snowed for a bit on the way in. We needed to bust out the maxtrax and winch on 4 occasions. Second year we were the first into the area. This year we were able to get to a seldom accessed ruin.

80 punched right up a hill that turned around a 7 vehicle convoy. The Baja Boss MT is just outrageous.

Resized_20240415_174203.jpg
20240416_135244.jpg
20240420_110301.jpg
20240420_105742.jpg

cbmontgo

Hard Core 4+
Had some fun getting to our backpacking spot in Utah past the Abajos. Snowed for a bit on the way in. We needed to bust out the maxtrax and winch on 4 occasions. Second year we were the first into the area. This year we were able to get to a seldom accessed ruin.

80 punched right up a hill that turned around a 7 vehicle convoy. The Baja Boss MT is just outrageous.

View attachment 129218View attachment 129219View attachment 129220View attachment 129221
Pretty sure we had to winch through that exact spot in the Abajos last year. How are the higher elevation roads right now? I'm heading up there soon and am trying to decide which route to take.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Pretty sure we had to winch through that exact spot in the Abajos last year. How are the higher elevation roads right now? I'm heading up there soon and am trying to decide which route to take.
This was taken on Monday. We had no problems on out way out. This was a turn going out to Sweet Alice Hills. We drove in through canyonlands. Not sure on the elk ridge side but we saw some tracks coming that way. It was a warm week and realy melted out.

Last edited: