• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

What are your summer wheeling plans??

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Maybe an off road camper trip. That might be cool. Can you do the swell in an offroad camper?

41447942_10212745311923751_6531827907759702016_o.jpg

DSC02687.JPG

below photo courtesy of Daniel Markofsky
1642828787221.png

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Maybe an off road camper trip. That might be cool. Can you do the swell in an offroad camper?

View attachment 101289

View attachment 101288

below photo courtesy of Daniel Markofsky
View attachment 101291
You'd be fine, the majority of the roads are improved gravel county roads not unlike the Cruiserfest trip through Wyoming. The main concern is mud. It's Bentonite that turns to grease then to goo that coats everything before drying into cement on your truck.

Last edited:

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
I’m going to Southern Missouri off-road ranch May 18th. Should be a good time. Plus all the local stuff I can fit in.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
We did Canyons of the Ancients and Hovenweep last summer. We didn't see a soul for 2 full days in CotA and there were plenty of easy little BLM roads to camp off of. Ssssshhhhhh don't tell anybody.
So, I did meet many but not all my goals. Love Canyons of the Ancient and Hovenweep, took Montezuma Cn as well. Moki Dugway, Valley of the Gods to Mexican Hat, wow (house of fire,OMG)
Ft Bluff and Blanding museum, its a must STOP. Explored some very interesting Anazasi ruins, all areas as well. CM Spring and Fall event as well as SAS 6.
The border skirt went down hill d/t NM fire bans and restrictions, so did a Platoro, Stunner pass area for about a 10 day tour and will go back and next time I WILL as I did E hill by myself do Elwood Pass trail. Tried Medano but closed d/t flooding (BS as far as im concerned, all dispersed CS filled, 5 was open, yep I checked).
Argentine clean up, followed by Chinamans Gulch that has gotten pretty rough IMO (especially during Rain 😅). So, Doll House and Paria canyon is still on the list. Cant wait but also some other venues planned for upcoming season.