• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Welcome to The Motorcycle Forum - what bike(s) do you have?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
In an effort to separate the 2-wheel tech from the 4-wheel tech, and at the same time recognize a lot of forum members do like to play in both camps, we now have a new motorcycle forum. Please use this new area to post up anything at all that's motorbike related: tech, chat, for sale/wanted, buying/selling advice, mods, and hopefully a few trail and road ride reports.

We need a smiley for "Bbbbbrrrrrrrppppp."

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I'll start, I've owned a few street bikes in the past so do have some riding experience. But I just got my first dirt bike, so I'm feeling pretty new to the sport right now, which is a lot of fun.

We got our son Gavin a bike for his 6th birthday last year, a Honda CRF50. It's a kick to ride.. 3 gears, no clutch, start in any gear... he's more into it now than he was 6 months ago, and excited to go out riding with me (as am I). I'll look for a picture of it..

And my bike is a 2007 KTM XCF-w. I am thinking this is the perfect entry-level dirt bike for me- same size as the bigger CC KTM's, but lighter, so easier to handle. It's pretty fast too, if I get to the point where I'm held back by the smaller engine, I will have become a much better rider than I am today.

here's pic:

attachment.php

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Here's mine, my first motorcycle period.

It's a 2008 KTM 250 XCF-W, bought brand new in January of 2009.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It came with a bunch of KTM promo stuff. 5 gal can, tie-down straps, plastic bark busters, FMF silencer, a "Ready to Race" graphics package, plastic skid plate, fluids, spare set of grips, spare set of some of the plastics, a couple other things I can't remember. It's street legal, I took it up to Elite KTM in Loveland after I bought it, they tuned the carb a little for altitude, put in a fuel adjustment screw so I can dial in the fuel ratio on the fly, and put on the headlight, taillight, horn, etc. to make it street legal. It's got a little mirror, lift straps FR/RR and Probends bark busters now (the plastic ones didn't last long). Also has a Trail Tech light switch installed to control the headlights, and a slight change of wiring so that my tail/brake light is on all the time.

Future mods: fender packs to carry tools and parts, spare plastics with "Ready to Race" graphics installed, and change out my tires (rear first, probably going to go with a trials tire and see how it does).

Last edited:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Just as I'm into Old Toyotas, I'm also into Old Hondas. Here's my '73 CL450K5 Scrambler:

20180362_VGryd-L.jpg

I also have rebuilt several CB350's and my wife Kim still has a nice '72 CB350K4 and I'm slowly restoring a '67 CB450K0. Here's Kim's CB350:

12495988_xBr8J-L.jpg

Kind of funny that all you guys are buying bikes and I'm considering getting ride of all mine. Having a kid means zero time to ride and the fear of getting killed/maimed has more meaning now. :eek:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Cool bikes Martin.

I've got a '95 CR250 hidden away in my garage somewhere that I've used for trail riding and other fun stuff. Hasn't been ridden in a couple of years tho and needs some TLC.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Kind of funny that all you guys are buying bikes and I'm considering getting ride of all mine. Having a kid means zero time to ride and the fear of getting killed/maimed has more meaning now. :eek:

Martin those are some sweet bikes! way cool... you'd kick yourself for selling all of them. I hear you on the kid thing, and when Gavin was born actually sold my street bike for the same reason. But now I guess I feel I can control my fate a little better on a dirt bike, plus it's turning into something the family can actually do together.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Martin those are some sweet bikes! way cool... you'd kick yourself for selling all of them. I hear you on the kid thing, and when Gavin was born actually sold my street bike for the same reason. But now I guess I feel I can control my fate a little better on a dirt bike, plus it's turning into something the family can actually do together.

I told Kim I wanted to buy Ilsa a vintage Honda 50cc Monkey bike and I got the cold stare of doom. :Princess: Probably try again in a year or two, or maybe one might just happen to appear in the garage without mom's consent one of these days. ;)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
2000 Honda XR650R, dualsported
NTP and cabin, Koko 2007.jpg

1997 Kawasaki KDX220, always wanted one back in the day and ended up buying it for Forrest. He got freaked by the whole 2-stroke gas and clutch dynamic... and I couldn't bring myself to sell it when I got him a thumper. Great woods bike.
21506_0_1_2_kdx%20220%20r_Image%20credits%20-%20Kawasaki.jpg

2006 Buell XB12X Ulysses. Actually a lot of fun on fireroads. Anything more than that, it is a handfull... though I have taken it up Cascade Creek.
Buell_Ulysses_XB12X_2007.jpg

2006 Ducati PS1000LE Paul Smart Limited Edition. Found it used. Missed my old F1-A 750, this one is sooooo much better. Classic lines, wire wheels, modern motor and electrics and injection... It was sort of a post-divorce reclamation of man space I guess... LOL
15_sc_052.jpg

gahi

Trail Ready
Does this Count??? Lined up to Drag race the guy in the bumper car. Wendover.
drag1.jpg

1st bike '73ish suzuki 350

then I bought a XR650R that I had for a long time, last couple years of high school on till I sold it in ABQ.

'68 BSA 650 - I've owned this since 2002
P1010409.jpg

Blew it up once on the way to Sturgis.
100_0124.jpg

'57 BSA A7 - sold this when we moved here to Moab. I always seem to sell my nice stuff for some reason.
1957BSA039.jpg

1957BSA032-1.jpg

'71 Norton - This one is a blast up and down the River Road, and LaSal loop.
100_2095.jpg

'77 Yamaha XS650 - most reliable, fun bike ever, 55+ mpg. I put over 15,000 miles on this commuting between Winter Park and Granby. My cut off temp to ride was 25 degrees. And it was still a short riding season up there. Still have it, but for some reason no pics.

I guess I'm a gluten for punishment with these old british bikes. But like Martin, I dont get a chance to ride much now with a 2yr old. I'd like to pic up a crf450 or something similar, but the Land Cruiser hauls everybody which is important now... I dont think I'll get rid of the bikes, except maybe the chopper

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Glad this is post divorce, as I would have been real lengthy then.

Current big bike - 1994 900ss - heavily modded hot-rod. track spec.

Attachments

• Ducati Loveland 0908.jpg
    Ducati Loveland 0908.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 357

Beater

Hard Core 4+
current small bike - slightly modded vespa p200e
(everyone needs a 70mph scooter)
I am the one on the right back in 2006. this is a "slow race" seeing who can go the slowest. Yes, I was in a cast.

Attachments

• P1010681.jpg
    P1010681.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 360

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Current itsy bitsy bikes -
two 1972 rd60 cafe bikes, currently in restoration project.

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
I picked up an 85 Honda Shadow Vt500 last summer, took the class for an endorsement, and had a blast riding around the neighborhood. Really looking forward to this summer on the road. Will add a picture at some later date.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I sense a Rising Sun dualsport ride in the near future? Like, cafe to cafe mixing dirt and pavement?
:perry:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
if you find me a multistrada or a transalp, sure.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
We'll do fireroads and you can demonstrate feet-up scooter drift...
:photo:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey I think we're missing one here.. :bolt:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I got a 2006 525 EXC yesterday.

I didn't latch onto the 100 trend, but I have decided the KTM's are pretty sweet. so badda bing.

Here she is!

I need to find something for Al next....

Attachments

• IMG_0208[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0208[1] (Medium).jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0209[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0209[1] (Medium).jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0210[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0210[1] (Medium).jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
So sweet! a welcome addition to the FCR carb braintrust :) and I'm the sure the 100 series is just a matter of time... :borg: