• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Welcome to The Motorcycle Forum - what bike(s) do you have?

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
She's alive!

It's been hiding in the garage for 3 years (with a fresh top end), but all this motorcycle talk got me inspired. So I replaced the clutch cable and adjusted the clutch, disassembled the carb and cleaned everything up, fresh water, fresh oil and a new spark plug.....and voila (with apologies for the cell phone vid).

Ratta Tat Tat Put Put Tat

Not sure what's next, but it was fun getting her going again....

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Sweet!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
sweet, we need to plan an outing.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Jacket, I've got 21 and 18" DOT tires unmounted if you want to borrow them to street legal it. Combine that with Tim's tail light and you're most of the way there. Street legal is :cool:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
True. I've got an extra orange headlight now as well... :cool: Plus I's a really good wirer! :lmao:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
2007 KTM 450XC-w Reklus clutch conversion. Rear brake on the handle bar. Street legal, and armored. Pic is of me headed to Buena Vista to camp out and ride 4mile area. Most difficult trail I've run is Pritchett. I don't know a lot about motorcycles. What I do know is you are either freezing cold, or sweating your b@lls off, or somehow both at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 315

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Street legal is not gonna happen with that little smoker....but I've been eyeballin' the WR450F:cool:. Never owned a Yammie before, but I like what I see and read (except the lack of a 6th gear).

Currently on my 8th two wheeler. Still looking for that "right" fit.
2006 KTM Adv 950

Move from the Yam FJR1300 to the KTM

Attachments

• Geo ktm 06.jpg
    Geo ktm 06.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 285
  • FJR 03.jpg
    FJR 03.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 298

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
George, great to meet you again last night, and welcome to the Rising Sun underbelly.. sweet looking bikes!

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I've had a few bikes in the past. This is the one I'm riding now. Paid more than I should have, but I had to have it. First two pics are from my last Alps ride in Oct last year and the last one is a stop on my way to Verdun, FR at a French Helicopter base. My Africa Twin. :)

Attachments

• AT2.jpg
    AT2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 411
  • AT1.jpg
    AT1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 406
  • AT3.jpg
    AT3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 401

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
new scoot, its a 2011 Yamaha Raider

and a pic of me partying with Mini Crue for the heck of it :)

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 424

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I think the first RS motorcycle outing will need to consist of two or three disparate groups... unless you cruiser guys feel comfortable on singletrack.
:lmao:

I had a Yamaha VStar 1100 custom. Very fun ride. So low to the ground I could drag my knuckles on the asphalt!!! Black with flames and all !!
I vote for a nice street ride for all types of two wheelers

RyanR

Here's the bike I currently ride 95% of the time. It's my commuter and I ride everything from single track to several day dual sport trips on it. It's been a fun scoot and zero problems in the past 9k miles.

7885170020_fdc98223fd_c.jpg

2008 Honda CRF250x

7976349499_64107e7cc0_c.jpg

Long-Haul mode with Rear Rack, Seat Concepts Saddle and IMS 4.0 Gallon Tank (260-300 Mile range)

I also have a 2008 KLR650 with a 685cc Big Bore kit and some other goodies and a 1978 Yamaha DT125e. The KLR is for sale if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Here's mine, my first motorcycle period.

It's a 2008 KTM 250 XCF-W, bought brand new in January of 2009.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It came with a bunch of KTM promo stuff. 5 gal can, tie-down straps, plastic bark busters, FMF silencer, a "Ready to Race" graphics package, plastic skid plate, fluids, spare set of grips, spare set of some of the plastics, a couple other things I can't remember. It's street legal, I took it up to Elite KTM in Loveland after I bought it, they tuned the carb a little for altitude, put in a fuel adjustment screw so I can dial in the fuel ratio on the fly, and put on the headlight, taillight, horn, etc. to make it street legal. It's got a little mirror, lift straps FR/RR and Probends bark busters now (the plastic ones didn't last long). Also has a Trail Tech light switch installed to control the headlights, and a slight change of wiring so that my tail/brake light is on all the time.

Future mods: fender packs to carry tools and parts, spare plastics with "Ready to Race" graphics installed, and change out my tires (rear first, probably going to go with a trials tire and see how it does).

Battle colors...
2uha2ata.jpg

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
One more
e7ahyru8.jpg

Last edited: