• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Weekday Red Cone Run July or August

Sean Solo

Rising Sun Member
Great trip today guys. Trail was not busy, we used some gear, got a little challenged, if only the weather held out there would have been better epic views.

Anyone want to do the trip report for the club?

Where to next time ranno?

Sorry mrummy28 you are not in the picture. Did you come all the way down from FC for the run?
20210802_131343.jpg

ranno

Rock Stacker
mrummy28 deserves the socks for the trek down!

A clearer day round 2 on Red Cone is sure worth it I agree.

I can start to put together the report - no problems there.

As for next time, and possibly a clearer day, possibly the Saints John loop out of Montezuma?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Look forward to the pics.

I'm off Fridays;)

:beer::beer:

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Here are the pictures I took.
1964D37B-AF61-417F-B82E-A8F1259EC4C5.jpeg
9C36D9B7-D194-42BA-B3EF-2AC08DD35016.jpeg
EB94B4DD-839F-4A4F-99B7-338469624228.jpeg
59AC1CD5-E8D8-4E98-A98D-3C248E19A791.jpeg

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Great trip yesterday! Thanks to everyone that made it out. Thanks to @ranno for organizing!
There were a couple of obstacles that were challenging but we worked together and made it through with no damage (maybe a couple scratched skid plates, but that doesn’t count). We got a lot of practice with communication, spotting, and rock stacking!

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I'm definitely interested if there's another trip on a clearer day planned. I'm more available on Tuesdays & Thursdays than MWF. But normally can make any weekday work with enough notice.

ranno

Rock Stacker
Great trip yesterday! Thanks to everyone that made it out. Thanks to @ranno for organizing!
There were a couple of obstacles that were challenging but we worked together and made it through with no damage (maybe a couple scratched skid plates, but that doesn’t count). We got a lot of practice with communication, spotting, and rock stacking!
I owe you all frosty beverages for the superb spotting - thanks again for a solid day gents!

ranno

Rock Stacker
Gentleman - also wanted to throw out another loop we should do soon; beginning in Leadville, I'd like to try Birdseye Gulch which then intersects with Mosquito pass - up and over mosquito pass down into Alma. From there would could make the trip home on 285 over Kenosha, or camp in Kenosha if we wanted. Scott and I explored some camping in the Kenosha area over the winter; lots to choose from.

What are work schedules like for you all? Do we like weekday runs with less traffic?

Cheers!

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
@ranno - I am interested in any of the trails you mentioned. I have done Mosquito Pass on the bike but not in the Cruiser... and I do like the weekday runs.

I'd also like to throw out a vote for Argentine Pass. I haven't done it in years, and its our club's adopted trail.

ranno

Rock Stacker
@Johnny Utah excellent! Birdseye Gulch adds some cool excitement to the Mosquito side of Leadville from what I have read.

And great call on Argentine! Let's make both of these happen soon.

Does anyone in the group have any availability / interest to get out next week Monday - Thursday 8/9 - 8/12?

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I can do Monday Tuesday or Wednesday.

ranno

Rock Stacker
Super!

@mrummy28 you tell us the day that works best for you to head down from the north for Saints John.