• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Wed night wheel VAIL

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
A few of my Vail crew have been meeting wednesdays about 5:30 for some dads wheeling with kids. You need not be a dad nor have children to attend. If anyone is in the Vail area or needs something to do in the high county. This wed 7/16 we're meeting at the US forest 5:30 for Lime Creek to Vail Pass.

Can't make it this wed. Check with me next week.:thumb:

Last edited:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Just got back. A little muddy in some places, dusty in others. Nothing over 20 degrees. I had to try three times to get up the 1st ledge after turning off Shrine Pass. Had to use both lockers to get out of a mud hole.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Just got back. A little muddy in some places, dusty in others. Nothing over 20 degrees. I had to try three times to get up the 1st ledge after turning off Shrine Pass. Had to use both lockers to get out of a mud hole.

100299445_jC65k-S.jpg

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
We're going out again 7/30. Yoder Gulch. Winch recomended. 5:30 Minturn forest service

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
No problem unless it's raining. I pulled cable at least 3 times on Yoder after a good rain storm. If it's wet we'll change venues. I'm not intersted in sliding into a tree.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Shoot, I've been wanting to run Yoder Gulch for some time now. Glad to hear the trail is still open. Have fun.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=238

My friend Walt is interested in breaking in his locked 80,but is fairly new to wheeling. He "used to own a jeep". I fear this may be too much for him. Corbet you cool with doing McAllester's or Weariman's instead? and Yoder on 8/13? Scott, would that interest you? or anyone else? We run it uphill as discribed in the above article.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=238

My friend Walt is interested in breaking in his locked 80,but is fairly new to wheeling. He "used to own a jeep". I fear this may be too much for him. Corbet you cool with doing McAllester's or Weariman's instead? and Yoder on 8/13? Scott, would that interest you? or anyone else? We run it uphill as discribed in the above article.

Hum - I will consider it. Sounds fun. Especially having a local like you showing us these trails. It would be a late night getting back into Denver though.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Shoot I'm out for the 13th. It's now the day before I plan to go on a backpacking\fishing trip in the Sangre's.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Corbet you cool with doing McAllester's or Weariman's instead? and Yoder on 8/13?

I'm fine with anything. After reading the description of Yoder and the rain we got the other night, I'm not interested in sliding sideways into a tree either.

I'm still sporting my OEM Michelin LTX tires. Not really a mud tire you know.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Few Pics from McAllister gulch.

Attachments

• McAlister Gulch Poser shot048.jpg
    McAlister Gulch Poser shot048.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 160
  • McAlister Gulch Dropping in.jpg
    McAlister Gulch Dropping in.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 157
  • McAlister Gulch Corbet.jpg
    McAlister Gulch Corbet.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 155
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 147

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
We had a great time on Yoder Gulch. 6 rigs in total. 100 series, 2 tacos, 1 mini, and 2 jeeps. We met a nice guy in the parking lot that belonged to "Eagle County 4 wheelers" I'll have to look them up. Trail was much easier than last time, when it was wet. I struggled getting through the trees. Within an inch or two in a few spots. No one else even noticed the trees. Adam in his red tacoma got a little tippier than I have ever seen but managed to keep it upright whith some spinning tires and bouncing off the mud wall on the passanger side. Good time and we all got home without incident.

I won't be going this Wed 8/27. But a few of my boys are. PM me if you want contact info. Otherwise Check with me for September. I'm sure they'll be a few more good days before the snow burries us for the winter.

Attachments

• adam tippy.jpg
    adam tippy.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 119
  • brent on yoder.jpg
    brent on yoder.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 126
  • scotts mini.jpg
    scotts mini.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 122