Wanted: FJ40 fuel door

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I need a fuel door for an FJ40. I have the cutout from the body (thanks again Ige!), but need a door to go across it. If it has the lock that would be best too, so I can have a locksmith match it to my key.

If anybody has one or goes to a boneyard, remember to get it for me! Thanks!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
What year do you need? The mid years had a fuel door that was hinged at the bottom so it dropped down. The later years had a door that was hinged at the side so it opened sideways. The story I heard was Toyota changed it after a bunch of the earlier models broke off from owners opening them in a non-gentle manner.

You can get brand new OEM locks from SOR if the door you get has no lock or an old rusty one. Or you could the last time I checked, which was probably 10 years ago.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
9/73-12/78 FJ40, with the hinge on the bottom please. Thanks for the clarification Matt!

Boulder Cruiser

Trail Ready
I have one, Theres no lock on it though. Its at my parents house in boulder, ill take a look at it today. IIRC it is hinged at the bottom.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
And if you don't mind having a separate key, go to Home Depot and buy a mailbox lock for $3. They are a perfect fit.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I have another one coming in. Thanks!