Valley Dirt Riders Harescrambles

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Going to go watch my buddy race in the VDR harescramble this Sunday up at the track in Berthoud. If my bike was ready I'd be racing! Anyone want to go? They have a series through the winter.

http://www.vdrmx.com/

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
can't do sunday, but I've been thinking about racing a couple, they sound fun...I wanted to last year also but my knee said otherwise

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I'd like to check this out, would be dragging my entourage... Matt what time are you getting there? I'll have a vehicle with a radio in it. ;)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Sorry Tim, missed your post on my Tapatalk app I guess. The racing usually starts at about 10:30 or so, so my buddy likes to get there around 9-9:30 to get ready. I didn't race, but want to in January. Have to get the bike ready and be mentally ready for the ice and mud!

It's a little different than I was hoping for. It's like a long motocross track, 6 miles. I was hoping for some enduro style obstacles - I guess they have some big tires you can ride over if you're up for it, now that I think about it.

Both of my friends broke their rear fenders, good thing we recovered the license plates.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Going to try and make the march 9 harescramble. The last race is April 6.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Going to try and make the march 9 harescramble. The last race is April 6.

Bumping this as it's less than 2 weeks out at this point. Finally got my 2nd set of plastics fitting up pretty good with the new decals. Just have to do an oil change, fresh air filter, check valves and lube chain.

Attachments

• IMG_2849.JPG
    IMG_2849.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 237

subzali

Hard Core 4+
This
Was
Awesome

Probably not something I should do too often, as I want to reduce my chances of getting hurt, but WOW! :eek:

So much fun to feel the adrenaline rushing and see what I and my bike can do.

Crashed once, fell over another time, but got 5th in the Sportsman's Class out of 8 or 9 I think. Got passed by a girl on a 200 EXC though :(

Didn't get any pics or video except of my dirty bike when I got home, I'll look and see if pics come up online sometime soon.

Here's the results page:
http://www.vdrmx.com/results_Bikes_3-9-14.htm

Last edited:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
That's cool. Perfect weather for it as well. I hope to get up one day and check it out.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
The track was about as perfect as I think it could get. A couple muddy spots, no dust, not hard, but mostly just tacky

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Remaining dates for this year:
Jan 4
Feb 1
March 1
April 12

Anyone want to go?

Cocarlisle

Hard Core 4+
Check out racermec.org
This sounds more like what you are looking for

I have raced many enduros and would not race vdr as it's just a pin it wide open style
I like single track and that's what the rmec is
Great people and no time keeping is required any more so you just go at a comfortable pace

Inman kara, cap rock and snow shoe are great
I finished my best ever at snow shoe about 6 years ago
2nd in open B class
Would love to ride with you guys some time