Thursday, February 16
9:00 PM (8:00 PM doors)
U.S.$26.25

Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven
Gothic Theatre
Saturday, February 25
9:00 PM ( 8:00 PM doors )
U.S.$20.00

Anyone up for these shows? My wife will likely be coming for the Camper Van Beethoven show, since it's a Saturday night.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
ben-ottewell-ian-ball-of-gomez-tickets_10-16-24_17_66355f91ba5f7.jpg

Ben Ottewell & Ian Ball (of Gomez)
Bluebird Theater
Wed, October 16
Presale: Thur. 10am - 10pm
Password: LIQUIDSKIN
BUY TICKETS

@Notyourmomslx450 @bassguyry @damon @Doughboy - I see these guys every time they come to town. They always put on a great show.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I’ll jump on the zombie thread…

Saw Swans at the Gothic Tuesday.

Will be at Guided by Voices at the Marquis Theater tomorrow. Sold out.

Just found out Unwound is coming through in October. See you there.

🤷‍♂️

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Will be at Guided by Voices at the Marquis Theater tomorrow. Sold out.
Their second guitarist, Bobby Bare Jr., is one of my favorite artists ever. I ran into him in Nashville when I was there on business in October. Great guy.

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Just got tickets to see Billy Strings on the 18th @ Fiddler Springs.
I first saw him at the Mesa Theater playing for maybe 150 of us in June 2019. He played that as a headliner the day after he opened for Bela Fleck in SLC. It was a 3 hour show, two sets of 12 songs and an incredible version of "Mountain Dew" for an encore. He was in a really good mood and it turns out Rounder was getting ready to sign him later that month. That was an incredible show, lucky to have seen him right before he just exploded in popularity.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
My current upcomings

IMG_5364.jpeg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Updated report:

Guided by Voices played 42 songs in about 2 hours and 10 minutes last Friday. Yeah, maybe 3-4 of the songs were under a minute long, but most were around 3-4. As the band is fading out on one, the singer is already counting off "1 2 3 4" on the next. Two of the guys are in their late 60s and put me to shame: at 41 my legs were getting tired about halfway through. No idea how they have the energy to keep going like that. @Hulk Bobby Bare Jr was clearly having the time of his life up there.

Next show:

One of my bands is playing the Squire Lounge this Saturday. We're opening for Cyclo Sonic, which is members of legendary old Denver bands Fluid and Frantix.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sounds like it was a solid show. I saw them once, at Riot Fest. Bob (the singer & leader) was pretty drunk so we wandered off to see a different band.

I'm out of town this weekend, but would like to come see your band sometime soon!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like it was a solid show. I saw them once, at Riot Fest. Bob (the singer & leader) was pretty drunk so we wandered off to see a different band.

I'm out of town this weekend, but would like to come see your band sometime soon!
That 100% sounds like Bob Pollard.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I like GBV. They headlined a show at Wash U in St. Louis in the middle 90s sometime. I knew of them but I was there to see Man or Astroman? Was a fan after that show.

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If anyone's around Grand Junction on June 28th this might be an interesting event for you.

Hugh Philips Band at the KAFM Radio Room. KAFM is our community radio station here and they put on intimate shows in a small studio/stage they have in their building.

Hugh used to own Safari Ltd. but now lives up in Carbondale and is a professional musician.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee