TW200 refresh

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
seeing that Chase has one of these now reminded me that I need to get ours going again... so I pulled mine from storage yesterday. I think my first move is to drain the old gas, the put a new battery in it, then see what happens.. maybe blast the carb out with some carb cleaner. It actually ran ok when parked like 3 years ago... I think Barry was the last guy to ride it and it's been sitting since.

Once running, I'm going to attempt to navigate titling it. I have nothing- no title, no bill of sale... not sure where to start other than the internet here, I'm sure it will tell me.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Look for "in lieu of bond" instructions. that's how i got a title for annie

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Should do a "200+" moto night at one of RS monthly meetings?

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
seeing that Chase has one of these now reminded me that I need to get ours going again... so I pulled mine from storage yesterday. I think my first move is to drain the old gas, the put a new battery in it, then see what happens.. maybe blast the carb out with some carb cleaner. It actually ran ok when parked like 3 years ago... I think Barry was the last guy to ride it and it's been sitting since.

Once running, I'm going to attempt to navigate titling it. I have nothing- no title, no bill of sale... not sure where to start other than the internet here, I'm sure it will tell me.
YOU HAVE A TW?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Awesome!

I always thought TW stood for "Too Wide" 200. It's TrailWay? I learned something new! ;)

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Funny, ours wouldn’t start before cruise Moab. Thinking it is the carb but did t have a chance to dig in. If you get yours running, let me know how hard the carb is to do!
Thanks!
Abe

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Yes great idea. Or maybe just an evening ride up Magnolia, etc.. :moto:
It'd be a long ride to a meeting but, I have a vintage Kawasaki KLR250 Super Sherpa with the pimpin gold wheels! A real blast ride!

F1A23EF0-DC55-4167-AFD6-D3E339548D97.jpeg
49067B4A-3FB0-4292-AAAD-314C04E7FC6A.jpeg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Does it have kick start and a starter?
Yes it does. and roll start! I got it going today... had the battery removed and jumpered to the camper for a day, and it had a lot of cranks in it but wouldn't fire. Then I hooked jumper cables to the 40 and that did it.. rode it around the neighborhood a bit but it won't start again, at least by battery.. gonna try to charge it some more this week before I order a new one.

I think my first mod is a new muffler- I forgot how loud that bike is.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
That was painful!