TW thread

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Long story short- wife took a moto class, got her moto license. :thumb: still a little apprehensive, not much practice, likes lower seat heights. They had some TW's in class, and those seemed a little more user friendly. Started reading up on them, like most things there's a cult following/sub culture, some guys just can't get enough of these bikes.

So looking around CL, these come up every once in a while. So we got one... this is Ruby. :D '87 Trailway, pretty much original condition. Just got tuned, oil, new fork seals, jetted for 10,000'...

Attachments

• IMG_4461.JPG
    IMG_4461.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_4462.JPG
    IMG_4462.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 217

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Of course Ruby needs a friend, so we sold the XT225 and picked up Azul here (aka Bluey). Pretty much a straight trade.. she's a 2006. And titled, insured, plated, and OHV stickered.

Attachments

• IMG_4463.JPG
    IMG_4463.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_4464.JPG
    IMG_4464.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4465.JPG
    IMG_4465.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 213

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
these things are a kick to ride- they kind of want you to aim for stuff. Haven't had one in the snow yet, but expect to in the coming weeks.. but I like how low they are, and they still seem quick enough even with 200cc. I will see if I still feel that way after I point them up some steep hills. More to come on that.. anyone else ride one of these?

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Fun putts, Tim. Take it easy and be careful!!!!!
Here's our Ruby. A fella from Texas is coming in Saturday to give her a look. We've had her for 20 years but Land Cruisers have taken all of our time away from her so it's time for her to get a new home.
Have fun with your new toys but, again, be careful! :thumb:

Attachments

• 1. 2016 Mar 046 ivr.jpg
    1. 2016 Mar 046 ivr.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 207

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
The TW and XT250 definitely seem to have a cult following, and I think they rock. I've actually looked for a 2014+ XT because they went to fuel injection that year (IIRC). Did the TW ever get the fuel injection on the newer years? I can never get my CRF250X jetted just perfect, but I'm no expert at it either!

Cocarlisle

Hard Core 4+
I have ridden TWs around very cool bikes
Haven't spent a lot of time on them
Kind of explorer bikes to me
Like ridding a little goat
Just tractors up everything

Very cool bikes
I have thought of one as well
I have a 82 Honda trail 110 and think the TW would do everything it does but MUCH better

In Moab we camped near slick rock and there was one playing around
Looked fun

Cocarlisle

Hard Core 4+
PS crash
That is beautiful !

benjrblant

Trail Ready
Fun putts, Tim. Take it easy and be careful!!!!!
Here's our Ruby. A fella from Texas is coming in Saturday to give her a look. We've had her for 20 years but Land Cruisers have taken all of our time away from her so it's time for her to get a new home.
Have fun with your new toys but, again, be careful! :thumb:

WHAAAA Say it ain't so!