Turn Signal fun...

FJBen

:D

Ok, 67 40...turn signals in the bib...

Hazards work great
Brake lights work great
Dash indicator lights flash with hazards...
Fuses good, power to fuse block on both sides

no turn signals...:(

#1 Are there supposed to be 2 flashers 1 turn/1 hazard???

I pulled the signal switch off the steering column and with a test light I can see the different leads/power flashing when I hit the hazards...but nothing happens when I move the lever...

any thoughts on where to do next??? :confused: :beer: :beer: :beer:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
the 67 did not have turn signals in the bib from the factory. Only had the two on the fenders. The bib lights are more or less parking/convoy lights. Check to see if the PO added the 2nd wire to the bib lights. If he/she did, then you can have turn signals in the bib.

FJBen

the 67 did not have turn signals in the bib from the factory. Only had the two on the fenders. The bib lights are more or less parking/convoy lights. Check to see if the PO added the 2nd wire to the bib lights. If he/she did, then you can have turn signals in the bib.

yeah, he switched over like yours. It has the turn signals in the bib. The hazards flash there just fine...

He told me there is another flasher on the passenger side of the heater...which I can't find...did the old factory toyota flashers look different than the round little cylinders???

subzali

Hard Core 4+
See if the contacts on the switch in the steering column are corroded etc...at least on my '77, power goes from the hazard switch to the flasher and back to the hazard switch before going up the steering column to the lever. I think some of the connections inside the hazard switch are not sound, so I have the opposite problem...no hazards but I do have turn signals (now after bypassing the return to the hazard switch).

I don't know if there were two separate flashers on earlier years, but the Toyota ones should be big and rectangular.

Take a lead from the battery and (after checking to make sure the bulbs work) connect it progressively further back in the wiring harness. You probably have a break somewhere, there are a couple of junctions.

I don't know if this will help...

FJBen

alright...I'm blind...and dumb....:rolleyes:

I had to lay on my back, have my head into the firewall and then above the heater I found this little silver flicker...moved some stuff...and sure enough...there is the other flasher...:lmao:

I looked for an hour the other night...oh well...bought a new flasher at lunch and I'll see how well she works tonight...:thumb:

now If I can just get the heater motor to work! :)

FJBen

nice! I may have to bid on those...the PO thinks he still has them...but isn't sure...DOH!