Tubeless for Dirt bikes? Seriously? Really?

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
My XR came with some BS tubeless kit from the PO. Slow leaks and bad wobble in the tire. What's the point in having it in there if the bicycle inner tube that is part of the "tubeless" system is leaking? Two valves per wheel? One for the "tubeless" part and one for the bicycle tube "bladder" inside of that. What crap. I ripped that junk out of there so fast and put new tubes in. Now I have an extra hole in each rim. Cool.:mad: What a difference now.

It's about as bad as bicycle tubeless systems. Don't get me started in that crap, either.

Anyone who wants the "system" for free for a 21"/18" wheel setup can stop by the shop and have it.

I just love undoing PO's junk on used stuff I buy:rant:

On a good note, Neil of Hitchcock Industries, a best friend of one of my employees, just revalved and went thru the forks. Now buttery smooooth:bowdown:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Neil is good juju. Has been for a couple decades. He did wonders with my old KLX300, even increased the fork travel. I kinda miss that bike.

So... you have two valve stem holes PLUS the rim lock?? You could go two rim locks. I run them 180* out to balance each other for the street.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
LOL! I converted to tubeless a couple of years ago on my bike after poo-poo'ing the whole thing for years. I was wrong, they are better. Apparently not on motos, though.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Mixed reviews on the tubliss. Some love it. Some hate it. Doesn't seem to do well at high speed riding. Apparently the rim strips tend to cut into the inner-tube. Advantages, no pinch flats, run lower pressure. Disadvantages, They are a nightmare to remove on trail if you tear a sidewall and want to install a regular tube.

Bill's suggestion is good with double bead lockers or just cover the extra hole with a good rim strip.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Hey I'll take the tubeliss stuff you don't want, although I'm not sure when I'll make it down to Highlands ranch.

I've seen mixed reviews on the moto tubeliss system. Aparaently it works better on some tires than others.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
It's yours, Bruce. Thanks for the feedback, guys.