TTORA Swap Meet today

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I was surprised to be one of the four Rising Sun members at the swap meet, especially since we have, what we hope, to be a large and succesfull Rally/Swap Meet in just a month from now. The meet today was fun and quite organized but only about 40% attended. I'm guessing that after the food/pop/water, Fairground fee's and Band gig gets paid the bottom line will be spooky! I'm glad I went as it helps me see the path but I am disappointed that other RS'ers especially Rally committee folks didn't bother to show or support fellow Toyheads!

....not on a soap box just surprised.....

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I heard about the meet at the last minute and showed up between 1-2pm. I must have missed the other Landcruiser folks. I was surprised and dissapointed to be the only Landcruiser there besides the FJcruiser trail team and a couple of 80's. No swap meet to speak of either. I hope the Rising Sun meet will be better and I'm looking forward to attending. Hopefully someone will bring some FJ40 parts for me to buy. :D

well to be quite honest it was a great turn out, just early, all the good deals happened real fast and real early. as far as not enough stuff i agree, not a lot of people brought a ton of stuff, our club has been having some "issues" so things didnt work out as good as they should have but next years will be bigger and better than this years. we did do ok, i think i met you uncle ben, i was taking money at the door and that was my 4Runner at the front with the sign hangin from it. THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME THOUGH!!! Pleasure to meet ya if i did!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Vic stuff said:
well to be quite honest it was a great turn out, just early, all the good deals happened real fast and real early. as far as not enough stuff i agree, not a lot of people brought a ton of stuff, our club has been having some "issues" so things didnt work out as good as they should have but next years will be bigger and better than this years. we did do ok, i think i met you uncle ben, i was taking money at the door and that was my 4Runner at the front with the sign hangin from it. THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME THOUGH!!! Pleasure to meet ya if i did!

It was great to meet you too! In fact I meet several folks that I've never met before and was pleasantly impressed with everyone. I mostly hung out in the shade of the FJCruiser Teams canopy and yaked with Robbie, Chris, Rod, Oleg and countless other folks who came by. The brats were killer, the bands were loud and the people were quality! ;) I did score a sweet small oil cooler for $5 that will make an awesome PS cooler!
I'm really glad you guys were happy with the turn out! It was obvious a lot of planning went into the swap meet! :beer2: :cool:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Ige was wrenching on the 60 and had a state meeting today. I was in Nebraska.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
Ige was wrenching on the 60 and had a state meeting today. I was in Nebraska.

Any cooler in Neb? Stop by Cabelas and buy me anything? :hill:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I got there about 3:00 p.m. Robbie and the FJ Cruiser Trail Team were still there. Other sponsors/vendors had packed up and left. The music was so loud that my 3-year-old son was scared, even though there was an awesome playground right there. I talked to Robbie a bit, passed out a few RS Rally flyers, and left at 3:30. Wish I could have been there in the a.m., but I spent a good portion of the morning tuning my wife's bike for her triathalon tomorrow.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Uncle Ben said:
I'm glad I went as it helps me see the path but I am disappointed that other RS'ers especially Rally committee folks didn't bother to show or support fellow Toyheads!

....not on a soap box just surprised.....

I didn't hear about it until yesterday. Besides, I was buying ROD a truck and then we went to 4wheelparts to buy an ARB bumper. I'll be on a plane Monday, so it was today or not at all.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
i wuz there

The little guy and I dropped by around noonish. That was my muddy LX 450 parked in the front. Ty and I walked around a little and talked to Robbie for awhile, but it was nap time so we headed home pretty quick. Wish we could have stayed a little longer, but we will make the Rising Sun swap meet!

Timm (and Ty)

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
we needs pics man :p:

wesintl

RS Moderator
I wish I could have made it. I spend the hot day driving around getting things done that I can't during the week.

Maybe in the future it could be an annual event between the 2 groups? :)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
wesintl said:
I wish I could have made it. I spend the hot day driving around getting things done that I can't during the week.

That's a great idea.

wesintl said:

Seriously that is an awesome idea, we should all chat about it for next years events possibly, i can get whomever into contact with the TTORA peeps (including myself, lol) and we can get 1 bigass shindig goin