Found Truck

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
We are looking to purchase a truck that will serve as a beater / daily driver for myself. The market is a little crazy right now but I am starting to think jt won't get better anytime soon and as much as I love the 80 as a DD I want the ability to work on it without needing it to get to work.

Does not need to be a 4 door but we would like a bench in the back at minimum for the dog.

Ideally we want to stay in the Toyota family and are really looking for an older Tacoma, or ideally a T100. It does not need to be a great tower as we now have the 470 for that purpose.

If anyone has anything let me know. We are flexible on price depending on what is available.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
This is on FB

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Big thanks to @rckhound for a great deal and the entire RS community for being so awesome!

Imelda will have a new home and life as my daily / work truck starting today so the 80 can spend more time at the spa. I have been told that the sale is conditional that the truck must always stay in the RS club. Closing the deal this morning.

@DaveInDenver & @MDH33 don't worry. She is a little cold, but in good company.

Attachments

• 20211218_073906.jpg
    20211218_073906.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
This is pretty cool it's staying in the family!

Kinda reminds me of growing up in Arkansas, although I didn't have any cousins named Imelda. :unsure:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Now I am curious where the name came from?
The gist of the story is I was like a caffeinated squirrel about tires and wheels, so my beautifully tolerant wife gave it the name Imelda, like Imelda Marcos, you know, with all the shoes.

Starting in 2000-2005ish:
235/75 Dunlops on stock 15x6 steels
235/75 Dunlops remounted on triangle hole SR5 15x7 steels
30x9.5 BFG AT
30x9.5 BFG AT remounted on American Racing Outlaw II
30x9.5 BFG MT

By about 2005 the name was obvious but regearing and tires were stable.
33x10.5 BFG MT
33x9.5 BFG AT

2013-2015:
30x9.5 BFG AT on stock 15x6 steels

There's a bunch of photos over the years: https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/threads/end-of-an-era.23311/

Last edited:

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
And now running 31x10.50r15 Duratrac. Definitely lots of shoes.

Any idea when the sliders were removed from the vehicle? Didn't Didn't realize they used to be there till I saw where they were welded onto the frame.

I have some Rocky road sliders on the 80 that I am not a fan of on the 80 (too flimsy) but would probably work great on the truck with some modification. Amber needs a step to get in so sliders are second on the to do list after some fluid film or woolwax.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
And now running 31x10.50r15 Duratrac. Definitely lots of shoes.

Any idea when the sliders were removed from the vehicle? Didn't Didn't realize they used to be there till I saw where they were welded onto the frame.

I have some Rocky road sliders on the 80 that I am not a fan of on the 80 (too flimsy) but would probably work great on the truck with some modification. Amber needs a step to get in so sliders are second on the to do list after some fluid film or woolwax.
I want to say I cut them off maybe 2012 or so. Didn't really like the way they hung down below the frame rails so my intention was to trim up the frame plates to be more flush and do something else to bring things up tighter. Never got around to it.

katT100

Brand New
We are looking to purchase a truck that will serve as a beater / daily driver for myself. The market is a little crazy right now but I am starting to think jt won't get better anytime soon and as much as I love the 80 as a DD I want the ability to work on it without needing it to get to work.

Does not need to be a 4 door but we would like a bench in the back at minimum for the dog.

Ideally we want to stay in the Toyota family and are really looking for an older Tacoma, or ideally a T100. It does not need to be a great tower as we now have the 470 for that purpose.

If anyone has anything let me know. We are flexible on price depending on what is available.
Are you still looking for a T100?

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Are you still looking for a T100?

Unfortunately no I am now in a committed relationship with Imelda (don't tell my wife!).

But if you are putting one up for sale I do have a friend who may be interested. Shoot me a PM.