Trip Runs this Year with Colorado Land Cruisers

isotel

We (Colorado Land Cruisers) Your Brothers to the South.. Would love to Schedule a trail run or 2 together for this summer..

I think it would be a great chance for us to get up north and run a trail that we don't normally get to do, And Visa Versa we could host a run that RS may not usually have on their trips. it dose not need to be a formal deal, but we are going to be completing the schedule next week,

So What do you guys think.. (Saran Wrap/Eagle Rock is a Local Colorado Springs Trail that we could host), its about 1/2 hour from the south side of the springs, so about an Hour and a half to the trail head from Denver.

Then Maybe we could Tag along with one of your Runs! :thumb:
Trevor

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I am always willing. I don't think I can make the snow run on the 20th though.

In most cases, the runs are posted to the calender. Let me know what days, I can check if there are any conflicts

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
We (Colorado Land Cruisers) Your Brothers to the South.. Would love to Schedule a trail run or 2 together for this summer..

I think it would be a great chance for us to get up north and run a trail that we don't normally get to do, And Visa Versa we could host a run that RS may not usually have on their trips. it dose not need to be a formal deal, but we are going to be completing the schedule next week,

So What do you guys think.. (Saran Wrap/Eagle Rock is a Local Colorado Springs Trail that we could host), its about 1/2 hour from the south side of the springs, so about an Hour and a half to the trail head from Denver.

Then Maybe we could Tag along with one of your Runs! :thumb:
Trevor

Trev,
You know I'm totally in! SW/ER is a great choice as very few of us have done it. (I have always wanted to!)

Work with Mr. Root and get it setup! :cool: :thumb: :cheers:

wesintl

RS Moderator
That would be fun!

I'm also interested in doing Blanca and a trip to Great Sand Dunes.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Excellent Trevor.

How many CLC folks usually show up for one of your big runs.

isotel

unfortunately not much, but we working on that ;)

We had one run this summer with 6-7 Rigs.. most of the time we get 3-4.. i hope this summer we can have 10+ or so trucks show up! I know we can do it!

Another reason id love to meet up with RS is to bounce ideas off of yall :cheers:

im going to bring a list of the Rising Sun Runs and we will plan it!

Any Other ideas for South Central Runs that RS Folks would like to Run?? Maybe the Hayman Area will open up!

Trevor

subzali

Hard Core 4+
What is Blanca looking like? I've heard it's become pretty gnarly the past few years. An overnight loop (maybe, or long day loop) over Hayden Pass into the San Luis Valley, the Great Sand Dunes, and then over Medano Pass would be a fun scenic trip. What's the Old Monarch Pass Road like? If I'm around this summer I'd be interested...

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Old Monarch Pass road is very scenic, with no real challenge -- at least the part I have done. It's Subaru grade.

Let's definitely schedule a run down in your neck of the woods. I'm sure that you'll get a decent turn out from us. When were you thinking?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hey Trevor! How's CLCC doing these days? I don't recall hearing you guys' getting called out at roll call at the last couple TLCA meetings, suggesting you haven't turned in your Chapter in Good Standing form to TLCA recently. We'd love to have you back!

Hey Trevor! How's CLCC doing these days? I don't recall hearing you guys' getting called out at roll call at the last couple TLCA meetings, suggesting you haven't turned in your Chapter in Good Standing form to TLCA recently. We'd love to have you back!

All of this is going to be taken care of in the near future. Time to steer this baby back on track.

isotel

Yes, the club has been very slow the past 3 or so years.. Manjerk and myself have joined in the past year and are working with the surviving members on reviving the club.. We have a new TLCA Rep for this year "Jeff" is his name.. I think is his intention to be present for the meetings..

for our January meeting we almost filled up the room, and had 2 new people, one that joined.. I see hope for the future!
Trevor

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
That's great to hear, Trevor and Mark! Do you guys know Dallas Maddox? He's down there too and he and I had been talking about reviving CLCC a couple years ago. He had originally wanted to start a new club, and didn't even know CLCC existed.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Last run I went on with CLCC was the last run we did down Hackett gulch in February 2002, a few months before the Hayman fire. It was great! I popped a tire and bent a rim on Hackett Rock, but made it up without having to be strapped or winched! You probably know that Predator 4x4 down there has been spearheading getting those Wildcat Canyon trails open again, including Hackett. You might talk to them about hooking up to help out. Hackett, Metberry and Longwater were all great trails.

That's great to hear, Trevor and Mark! Do you guys know Dallas Maddox? He's down there too and he and I had been talking about reviving CLCC a couple years ago. He had originally wanted to start a new club, and didn't even know CLCC existed.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Last run I went on with CLCC was the last run we did down Hackett gulch in February 2002, a few months before the Hayman fire. It was great! I popped a tire and bent a rim on Hackett Rock, but made it up without having to be strapped or winched! You probably know that Predator 4x4 down there has been spearheading getting those Wildcat Canyon trails open again, including Hackett. You might talk to them about hooking up to help out. Hackett, Metberry and Longwater were all great trails.

If you want you can let Dallas know that we'd be happy to have him by. Or you can have him email me at m-janzen at hotmail dot com.

I'm in here somewhere down on Metberry working away
Coffers6-8_original.jpg

I think it would be a lot of fun to get the CLC, rising sun and the COWY guys all together for a weekend of camping and wheeling.

The Colorado Cruiser Get together! :thumb:

isotel

Yes Me and Dallas know each other. I know dallas Changes interest quicker than he changes his Underwear, he sold his Fj40 bought a Fast2Furious Jetta and now he is back into cruisers with 2 more 40's.. i think he is restoring one! ill get a hold of him!

isotel

One of the ideas we have for a weekend is a Camping Trip To Buena Vista.. This gives allot of options for Trails Mild to Wild.. Andy From CLC found a Sweet Camping spot near the Trailhead for Chinamans/Carnage.. But if we get alot of intrest we could move it to a larger camping area!

isotel

We worked out a schedule. We have a quite a bit of Exciting trails planned for this year!

The one i know you Hard Core Guys may want to join us on is
Independence day July 4th - Independence Trail system This is a Wednesday this year, we figured many people had it off, should not be too crowded mid week.. and what better day to run this trail!!

We also have a run planned for Eagle Rock/Saran wrap, And we will be going to Buena Vista for a 3 day weekend on Labor Day.. we didint realize it conflicts with the Ourey trip, but maybe some guys will join us on Monday!