Trailer parking problem

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
My pop up has been getting the tent repaired under warranty and they just called and said it's ready. No way to get it in the back yard with the hard ice mountains left by the plows.

I am going to wait a couple of days to call them back and see how long I can leave it there.

Anyone know of a good place I can store it till the snow melts?

Guess I can call the storage places, just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
My pop up has been getting the tent repaired under warranty and they just called and said it's ready. No way to get it in the back yard with the hard ice mountains left by the plows.

I am going to wait a couple of days to call them back and see how long I can leave it there.

Anyone know of a good place I can store it till the snow melts?

Guess I can call the storage places, just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations.

There is a nice yard of Sante Fe and Titan road. Some covered, most out in the open. There is also a very good yard on Federal and 53rd, family owned the guy is anal but very nice yard. Don't know where you live but those two cover a big area.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Ken,

You're more than welcome to plop it in front of my house for a few days if that would help...Probably could stay there a week before the HR HOA police complain about it :)

Then I could move it into the driveway for a little while longer after that.

I'm sure you're probably looking for something more long term as I don't think the snow is going to melt till spring this year :( but if it helps you can bring it over. I store mine at the in-laws (co-ownership deal) so I never have to worry much about it :)

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
thanks for the offer, but those ice mounds will take a while to clear. I am going to delay calling them until Monday. Maybe I will see just how hard the ice is over the weekend. I may be able to squeeze it in my garag, but two cars will have to park outside. Don't think momma would be too happy, but it is still an option.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
No problem and the offer stands. Doubt the ice will soften much this weekend but next week it is supposed to get into the 40s :) HEAT WAVE!!

Tell the place you're going out of town for a couple weeks and you'll pick it up when you get back...See what they say. If nothing else and you need a place to plop it for a week or more until you can pack the snow down where it is going we can just put it in the driveway. I thought about my father-in-law's place up in Conifer but no chance we could get it up there right now with the snow they have...

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, At first I thought I was out of options, but I found the right store. Still need to find the right paddle

Attachments

• upshitcreek.jpg
    upshitcreek.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 205

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Ken, I could check with my HOA to see if I can use the RV/Boat/Trailer lot. I suspect it's no cost but haven't looked to see if it's clear enough to get in to. It's fenced, locked and gated I believe.

I can check if you want. Let me know.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Hammer the snow down with the Cruiser on 35's, do a little specific shoveling, then back that bad boy in there till spring. It's an off-road pop-up with good clearence. It sounds like a fun challenge to me.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
You can drop it off at my place for a year or so if needed. Behind the fence is fairly safe. There is no HOA in the ghetto.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Does it have a heater? :D

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I'm with Scott.. take the panties off, put the 80 in low, twist the dial, and back that sucker into the yard.

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
You could probably throw it on the left side of my driveway for a couple of weeks. No HOA in my hood. A corvette that has not seen the light of day for several years lives in the garage on that side. doubt it will be moving anytime soon....
How big are we talking about? Will my car still fit on the right side of the driveway?

Neil.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hammer the snow down with the Cruiser on 35's, do a little specific shoveling, then back that bad boy in there till spring. It's an off-road pop-up with good clearence. It sounds like a fun challenge to me.

Exactly what I was thinking. Come on Ken, pink panty jokes to the side, you are a Cruiser dude, don't let a few frozen flakes make you consider the bypass! :thumb:

Maddmatt

Trail Ready
I backed Tim's utility trailer 85% of the way up his yard in the snow with a mere 4runner, certainly a mighty 80 can get the job done! The nice thing about backing in, you know you can get back out if it doesn't work.
-Matt

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thats why I didn't go on the snow run today. Figured I would see what I can do. :D

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
between the pink panty mobile and the snow blower and a couple of shovels i was able to wack through the 3 ft tall 5 ft wide snow mound from the plows and then used the snow blower to get the 2-3 feet of snow sitting in my back yard.

I'm set. Glad it's a lot nicer day then they said it would be.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
between the pink panty mobile and the snow blower and a couple of shovels i was able to wack through the 3 ft tall 5 ft wide snow mound from the plows and then used the snow blower to get the 2-3 feet of snow sitting in my back yard.

:thumb: :thumb: ......

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Attachments

• Romer patch.jpg
    Romer patch.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 978

IanB

:cheers: :thumb: :bowdown: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
What? No pics? Or did I miss a post in the trip report area?

:hill: