Trail ride suggestions

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I'm taking my step dad dirt biking this weekend, and I'm looking for easy to moderate trails to ride with him. We did Argentine Pass a few weeks ago, which was just about perfect for a mix of scenery and difficulty for him (just starting to ride again after 25 years). I'm looking for something similar and had looked at these trails:

Mosquito Pass
Georgia Pass
Peru Creek

I've never been to any of them even in the truck, so I'm not sure what they're like and if they're conducive for the riding we're looking for. I'm also aware there may be some snow with this week's storms as well, but I'm hoping the weather is nice this weekend (according the forecast it should be).

Let me know if you have suggestions and/or want to join! Here's a couple pics from Argentine - had a blast!

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Rollins Pass/Kingston Peak is pretty good as well. Can also connect to Yankee Hill etc. Might need plates for some of it, would have to check the MVUM.

If you want more dirtbike specific areas, check out Rampart and 717 down near Woodland Park. Hard to beat high mountain vistas with no hooligans around though.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Rollins Pass/Kingston Peak is pretty good as well. Can also connect to Yankee Hill etc. Might need plates for some of it, would have to check the MVUM.

If you want more dirtbike specific areas, check out Rampart and 717 down near Woodland Park.

Ah yes I did Yankee Hill with the group on the winter run forgot about that area. I have a plate on my 250X, but we don't have a plate on the 230F unfortunately. We've tried Rampart, and he didn't like how much traffic there was on it. We had a couple spots where some Jeeps were driving like a**hats and nearly ran us off a trail too, so I think somewhere with low traffic would be more ideal.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Georgia Pass would be a good one. The south side is barely harder than a dirt road, but the north (Breck) side is steeper with some spurs and other fun stuff, plus a couple of water crossings. And from the Breck side you can also access the Swan trails and ride around up there.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Georgia Pass would be a good one. The south side is barely harder than a dirt road, but the north (Breck) side is steeper with some spurs and other fun stuff, plus a couple of water crossings. And from the Breck side you can also access the Swan trails and ride around up there.

That's good news thanks!

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
We went up to Georgia Pass Saturday morning, and unfortunately it's closed due to construction from 10/1 to 10/12. The stupid part is that there are no signs at all until you get a couple miles into the trail which sucks when you've already unloaded the bikes, geared up, and rode for only 2 miles before you see it's closed :( We went over to Boreas Pass and rode from 285 into Breck and back which was fine to get some riding in, but it's mainly just a normal road with lots of car traffic. Any day on the bike without a crash is a good day though! :moto: